AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Guardian

Guardian retail sold to Safelite

Re: Guardian

You heard it from me first

Nope...you saw it on the **** first this morning.

wow. quite a turn of events. hope all are treated well.

The Borg Collective gets even larger. Resistance is futile.

The Borg...Im sitting here cracking up LOL!!! Anyone left to buy??? The KNOWN Universe IS getting smaller by the purchase!

Nope got it from the horses mouth EARLY

If history teaches us anything, it's that BIG empires always collapse. Hope this happens before the AGR industry is destroyed beyond recovery.

Big empires may collapse
But big business get bigger and stronger
Look at walmart, ford motor, ge , Motorola .
As long as people have driven cars there has been a big b company replacing glass in them.
And as long as there are cars with glass in them on this planet there still will be.

Empires fall , come on this isn't Star Wars .
Your view is naive at best.

Remember Caldor, Times Square, Pergament, Comp USA or Gimbels stores? How about Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, American motors or Penn Glass? Just to name a few....all gone.

Circuit city, no body beats the wiz , Woolworth,block buster video ,, boy I can go on ...

Pontiac doesn't exist but General Motors which is and was, Pontiac, Cadillac gmc truck, olds , just to name a few still exist
American motors was purchased by Chrysler and jeep still exists
Once again do some friggin home work here

We are talking about healthy companies not listing all who died
Pretty sad
Read the thread

Well all I can say is I feel sorry for the guardian people that are going to get a rude awakening....

I just threw up in my mouth. I am just disgusted.

Pontiac doesn't exist but General Motors which is and was, Pontiac, Cadillac gmc truck, olds , just to name a few still exist
American motors was purchased by Chrysler and jeep still exists
Once again do some friggin home work here

... You're still here, I thought you were gone. I will miss you when you are gone, I do enjoy your tenacity & fantacies that you post. I hope you land someplace where they will appreciate you.

Listen guys the big b who owns the big s has its roots in glass before automobiles existed.
They are NOT going anywhere... Ever
We have not even talked about the parent parent company of it all The big d.
If you think they are going anywhere you are delusional or worse ...stupid.

Olds, Pontiac and Plymouth were phased out due to lack of popularity and sales. Big S in America will be here as long as glass breaks, and will only get bigger

I got my start with Guardian, Almost always when ordering my parts, if my supplier had the Guardian brand in stock, That's what I asked for... Until most all of them were made in China. I no longer ask for Guardian parts. China and Safelite, This should work out pretty well then!!! I am still friends with a few installers there and I feel really sorry for them. I hope it all works out for them. I read the article.... "Natural Choice" ... To Quote Richard Attenborough... "I really Hate That Man"

I also got my start with Guardian. I left when LRST took over. Guardian was a great company to work for, prior to the first sale. We were trained properly and enjoyed the working environment. Things changed with the sale and many of the experienced installers left. Now with this change, I too feel for those who are left. Many of us knew, when it was sold the first time, it was going to be sold off again and we were not going to wait. Big changes sometimes mean bigger and better opportunities. Just waiting to see how many more open their own shops.

What happened when LRST got ionvolved?

we knew it would be sold again. If you worked there you would know

I also worked for Guardian in the old days when they had a director of retail that knew what he was doing and we made money. Guardian had many changes in directors of retail and with each change in leadership the company continued a downward trend. It was sad to watch and even sadder to see the many good people I trained and worked along side of being placed in this position.

I wonder all the ones forced to sign No Compete forms (Or be fired) Will be able to open their own Business? I really don't know how that works, If you sign a No Compete with Guardian and it gets sold, Does it still stand??? One of my proudest moments when I worked for DT, The DM told me to Sign a No Compete, I said NO!!! He looked up at the Branch Manager and said... "Do You Have A Problem With That?" She Nodded her head Yes, He looked at me and said... "Don't worry about signing it" LOL I had heard No Competes don't stand up very well in Court, Or do They??? BTW, I hate these codes... I NEVER get it right on the first try!!!!

if you are paid a signing bonus it will hold up, this usually does not happen at the tech level

Owners are probably subject to the wrath of Belron's attorneys.

* All views expressed are of a personal nature and not offered as legal advice. Please consult your own attorney before acting on this or any other legal opinion. Because this is not a legal opinion.

so if u do not report to the slave it is not considered binding because you never worked for them and will not carry over to new company

some non competes transfer to the new owner. Have a workplace attorney read your contract.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com