AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hearing Rumors

Hearing rumors and seen some writing about the possibility of Guardian taking over some segments of PGW.
Any info out there?

Re: Hearing Rumors

Rumor has it that SGC will have your doors shutter at the end of the year.

Don't be concerned about rumors. Guardian is great when it comes to producing float. Rumor has it that the auto glass side can't find its butt with both hands behind its back. Just sayin.

Unless you buy from either, what difference does it make. whether it's true or not?

I would rather GAURDIAN buy into PGW than safelites HIGH ridiculously high priced glass

Wally Windshield
Unless you buy from either, what difference does it make. whether it's true or not?

Silly question. Being part of LYNX I would like to know the status of the TPA.

Kryger seen talking to Mygrant in KC ,

mygrant is not in KC why were they there this past week?????

Lynx bought the TPA mess from Kryger. Kryger uses the buying power supplied by shops against those same shops cutting deals with agents. good if mygrant is different.

Indamuff, what does that have to do with anything? Wasn't it you last fall who was just sayin that PGW was buying up the Safelite stores in the Midwest and were going to call it Safe-P ?

No, Web-sta, it is not Safe-P. It is P-Safe. LET ME SAY THIS: rumor has it that the communication problem may be fixed soon. Will I be notified when it is?

This isn't about communication, or didn't anybody tell you? It is about the rumor that Guardian is buying PGW, or at least parts of it. Whether it is the P the G or the W, which ever part, it could have a big affect on our industry. And seeing Mygrant talking to Kryger in KC, apparently adds substance to the rumor. Add to that the fact that Glass week is being held in Florida in September, near the Lynx offices, and it all adds up. Can't you see that?

Rumor has it that the baby Prince of Cambridge will be named after Guardian royalty: Billings. Not too shabby! Just sayin'

Isn't it time for the webbie to delete this nonsense?

We've heard at PGW works 28, along with potential layoff........... cutting overhead to sell operations to Gurdian

At Works 1 they been trying to downsize jobs by combining some and firing people. Union workers and Non Union workers. Hell they are even building stock, which was never done.

same thing here at crestline, i don't if its guardian or who but they are going to sell or at least try

i heard today safelite is buying wallmart they will have installs at the tire center go figure.

I don’t see how Guardian automotive division could possible take on any more business. They are currently hand to mouth on delivering product with all of their customers. Taking on additional responsibility would just sink them. They are a poorly managed group.

Didn't they try that with Pep Boys or Sears years ago?

Callingonanobamaphone

Pep Boys

Callingonanobamaphone

That would be PepBoys as they called it the BAY PARTNERS, oh it sounds good on paper, but try and use that option when its raining out, and you will be waiting for 1 - 2 hours in order to install a 30 minute glass. When I was there after 2 times of waiting I quit telling customers about it.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com