AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Disposal Charges

Here is a question

Safelite is charging a disposal fee and a mobile charge when quoting non insurer jobs these days in my area.

Has anyone tried to add a disposal fee when billing networks?

Just wondering......

Re: Disposal Charges

I ad a small charge to every invoice for disposal

Yes but they wont pay it..We do get a $4 fuel charge on cash and wholesale

This is a HUGE turnoff for customers, What is next Charging for the ink on the invoice because Ink cartridges are expensive. Oh yea, BTW, I have to ad 8 dollars to your bill because of my yellow page advertisement!! Waste removal is part of being in business and should be figured into your mark up...
I never did like paying extra for a valve stem and disposal when I buy tires... I guarantee you I land jobs because the customer does not like paying the disposal fee somewhere else!!!

Fees are revenue producing and it seems non-taxable. The baggage fees that airlines collect are not taxable income which is why so many charge them. It does amount to a sizeable revenue stream

Since GAIs amounts are contractual, it would be curious to know how Ma BelSafe breaks down those charges for federal and state tax purposes. It would not surprise me to learn if a disposal fee is injected in order to reduce taxable income.

Opus, who is your accountant? Revenue is income. Income is reduced by expenses and/or something that is defined as tax exempt.

The first price I quote, is the price I charge.

NAGS has made part numbers for various services that you provide. These are towards the front of the books. Here are a couple of examples: Mobile Service is SMB00500 and Fuel Surcharge is SFS01600. They do not have a listing for disposal fees (yet).

To clarify we input the fuel charge into the computer so the CSR's cannot take the charge out. We don’t sneak anything into the price after it quoted. It is very rare that we get a complaint even with our wholesale customers. At the end of the year it is thousands of dollars in added income

You guys will never be happy, everyone complains about pricing, someone sets an example which you all can follow to get paid more and THEY are the bad guy.
I personally charge it, I'm worth it and its what's called an opportunity ... Not an opportunity to bi. T. C h

But some of you would complain even if you sat at home some else went out and did your job for u and paid your fat a s. s for doing nothing

OPPORTUNITY

Why are you guys complaining about a business charging fees? The ones who you should be complaining about is the "businesses" who charge $99.00 for an install. The ones in the parking lots with questionable quality and products. They are the ones who are keeping YOUR profit at a minimum. Go ahead, cry and moan about Safelite charging fees, but just remember that they are the ones who are growing by leaps and bounds.

Dq
You guys will never be happy, everyone complains about pricing, someone sets an example which you all can follow to get paid more and THEY are the bad guy.
I personally charge it, I'm worth it and its what's called an opportunity ... Not an opportunity to bi. T. C h

But some of you would complain even if you sat at home some else went out and did your job for u and paid your fat a s. s for doing nothing

OPPORTUNITY

Hidden fees are for the ethically challenged. Defending hidden fees is for the self-entitled.

It is ironic that this old topic would be raised here again…on the eve of one the largest NAGS decreases ever. Unless I heard wrong, NAGS pricing is about to go DOWN 4-5%. So, if you are not going to charge for the “extras” you do, how do you NAGS devotees plan to make up the revenue shortfall?

Just wondering.

I'm not a member here and I'm not in the industry, I'm just a consumer who did a google search for "SAFELITE HIDDEN FEES" and this thread was the first thing up. I did the search because I used their online quoting system and it has a disclaimer about not including disposal, taxes and fees. I know this thread is three years old but I thought I'd add an outside opinion.

Want to guess who isn't using Safelite BECAUSE of the added fees bull****? This guy. The independent shop a few miles away is $8 more and they are putting my windshield in later this week (I'd rather pay a small shop anyway) I will absolutely go out of my way to avoid anyone that tacks a bunch of BS additional fees onto a price they give me. If it's additional and required it should be in the prices. You can add it on if it's optional, I'm fine with that.

Run your business the way you want to run it but don't for a minute think that it's ethical or honest.

this is old news
S L charges a fee because all the other guys send their glass to the land fill
S L send their to be recycled

that is worth the fee

I see the dumpster outside of my local s l full of skins and dead windshields. Hmmm. I didnt know you could recycle old urethane beads.

Gotta love gimmicks. If you tell a story there’s always going to be a percentage of gullible people who will believe whatever they hear. Even if the recycling is happening that doesn’t help the poor customers who have their cars destroyed by sloppy installs.

Okay, that's fine. Safelite charges a disposal fee because they recycle. What about the rest of the guys in this thread saying they add a disposal fee. Y'all packing up those laminated windshields and sending them off to a recycling center?

For the record, guy did the one for me yesterday and I picked it up this morning. He's got a recycling bin full of windshield glass sitting there. No disposal fee or recycling fee on the invoice.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com