AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How Do You Calculate Ins. Price with No NAGS List?

Doing Fw3621. Called NAGS, no list price. Have hours labor but need a list for billing. Anyone?

Re: How Do You Calculate Ins. Price with No NAGS List?

We just did one of these for a Warner Bros TV show. They had a 12 Altima with a FW 2734 in it and changed cars to the 13 Altima with a FW 3621. They wanted a clear glass for filming with the 13 car and didn't have the time for us to make one for it. We took out the clear we had put in the 12 car, ground down the glass a 1/2 inch and put it in the 13 car. My point here is that there is nothing special about either glass, similar shape no attachments just a glass. Then I went to Mygrants site and priced one and then to PGW. Mygrants price for one of these(FW3621) is 5 times the price of a FW 2734. But PGW's price is twice as much as Mygrants price. This whole pricing thing is ridiculous. Take your cost and add 50% mark up if they will let you. If you got this from PGW good luck, cause PGW is 50% higher than dealer list. HTH

Sglass
Doing Fw3621. Called NAGS, no list price. Have hours labor but need a list for billing. Anyone?

INS NORMALLY IS 10% OVER COST WITH POP. YOUR SCREWED.

You take truckload and multiply by 3.5 and make sure it doesn't have a 0 or 5 in the last cents slot.
Oh crap, it isn't the 80's anymore, disregard!
Ooops...

kathy
Sglass

N0 I don't get screwed because at that point I tell the customer "sorry but your Ins. Co. doesn't want to pay a fair price for your replacement. You'll have to call them back & have them find you someone will to work that cheap."
If I can't get a fair price, I don't do the work.

Sglass
kathy
Sglass

And the survey says,the number one answere is,

N0 I don't get screwed because at that point I tell the customer "sorry but your Ins. Co. doesn't want to pay a fair price for your replacement. You'll have to call them back & have them find you someone will to work that cheap."
If I can't get a fair price, I don't do the work.

My style of thinking.....

Sglass

Sglass, take manufacturer's real list price, maybe give them some sort of discount to be "fair and reasonable", lol. add labor, kit, mldgs etc. and hold their feet to the fire to get paid in full.

And Kathy, maybe just maybe 10% works for wholesale like truck loads of potatoes, but will never work for RETAIL, never. Of course they would like you to give it away but you still have choices, and take the time and fortitude to follow through.JMHO

Get nags hours for installation

I am installing a windshield in a 2014 ferrari 458 convertible I'm trying to locate how many nags hours it calls for labor wise

Lee, there are 2 ways to "make a 50% profit". Profit on cost or profit on sell.

If something costs $100, most people looking to "make 50%" charge $150 and make 50% on their cost.

When I "make 50%", I make it on my selling price. If it cost me $100, I sell it for $200 and thereby make a profit of 50% on my selling price. It is what smart wholesalers do whether they are looking for 20%, 30%, or whatever "profit".

You are a retailer catering to the TV and film industry. Which do you use?

3621 GBN. List price is 347.55, and it's in the NAGS calculator. 3.9 labor rate.

Why does someone else need to tell you what or how to charge? What's wrong with good ol' cost-plus? Of course, ya have to know what your cost of doing business is to be able to know what your cost plus margin should be .

Barlow stood up before a convention many years ago and said their average cost per installation was $205. He wasn't talking about retail cost he was talking about their cost.

One can only guess what that figure is now but I'll bet you anything it's gone up a bunch. For one thing, at the time gas was about a buck and a half a gallon.

It is so simple. if you choose to use NAGS add a plus percentage, add labor kit and any attachments like moldings and or gel pacs and all things needed. game over NEVER discount from NAGS benchmark , it is already 90% discounted. so easy even a cave man can do it. Should be nags benchmark plus 144 % that is revenue neutral. from 2005. has any costs gone down since then? Please tell me.

If they did not figure this out on a 2 year old thread, then they have some issues :)

Re: Get nags hours for installation

Get the customer to pay you and let them submit the bill. I did a Murcielago and was paid $125.00 labor and it took all day. I made up for it on the glass. Next time I will let the customer submit for payment, they will never argue with an insured.

Jason @ Leger auto glass
I am installing a windshield in a 2014 ferrari 458 convertible I'm trying to locate how many nags hours it calls for labor wise

There is no NAGS reference for either part number or labor for this exotic. Best to negotiate with the customer/insurance based on what you believe the actual time is. On this car you have interior to remove to access antenna connections, rain sensor. We have the dealer remove hood, cowl and interior and then we are in and out in less than an hour. But the dealer has approx 3 hours in their own time.

problem is, if no one tells them what to charge, the price will be dropping again.

OMG!!! How do you calculate the insurance price without a NAGS list price??? OMG!!! OMG!!! How can I have an auto glass shop and make money without some parts publisher telling me what to charge. OMG!!! OMG!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com