AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today is 9-11

I was installing a dodge van windshield, and believe it or not, the waiting room of the shop had a tv mounted in the waiting room, like mine now. I thought about my friend , who was alright in "The City" and talked to him, but neither of us knew what was really up with anything. They were begging for water and my buddy thought the city was the cats meow. He is tweaked, and spends minimal time there now. Let's share, if you could, Pentagon, Pennsylvania,
Manhattan ..................

Re: Today is 9-11

I was on my way into work, I had just stoped by the atm at my bank to make a deposit when the news on the radio (local news) said they had a report a plane just hit one of the World Trade buildings. So I am thinking a Cesna or something... I was sitting at a traffic light in Eau Claire Wisconsin and the local news had a live feed on and Peter Jennings was interviewing someone who whitnessed the crash when all of a sudden this guy yells out... "OMG a plane just hit the other building" I sat there with my hand over my mouth, I was just minutes from the shop. I had an 8:00 shop job (were an hour behind NY time) It was a volkswagon, We rolled our little TV from the waiting room to the shop and My co-worker and the customer watched what unfolded, I think I finished the install around 11 am.

I had the day off and was reading and watching FOX NEWS. When the news flash came on I was astonished! I called my wife and told her. Shortly after I hung up, another news flash...the Pentagon had been hit! I called my wife again.. Now I knew it wasn't an accident. I was pi**ed off! Now my eyes were glued to the TV. Then I saw the second tower get hit while it actually happened!! I couldn't believe my eyes. First one tower fell and then the other. Ash covered people running for their lives while the police and firemen ran straight to the danger......
My eyes are watering right now as I remember even though it is eleven years later.

I was having coffee watching the local news. The broadcast cut to national news, something about a plane hitting the first tower. I told my wife to come and see. Then the surreal moment when the second plane hit. I asked my wife "is that what we just saw happen? Did that really just happen?" We were in disbeliefe.

Then news about the other planes.

After the initial shock, anger started burning in my chest. The anger is alive and well to this day.

NEVER FORGET!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com