AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kryger Sold???

Hi can anyone confirm or deny that Kryger Glass sold its Wholesale? I was told that this is the reason the whole ordering sysytem has changed, and apparently the phone system has changed too?

Gene

Re: Kryger Sold???

if they have that creates a choke point, they are the last independent supplier around.

Yes, I can deny it.

Bill Kryger

They are not the last iny wholesaler around. We have WSG here in SC.

They are in this area.

now the important question. How do i know if i am one of the customers that gets to go to the chiefs game in the box?

not true fannin auto glass has awarehouse in k c

If you have to ask who gets game tickets my guess is it isn't going to be you! LOL!

haha, had to take the shot.

Bill Kryger
Yes, I can deny it.

Bill Kryger

That guy must have been Psychic, one year and 2 days later there gone just seen it on GlassBytes.com

http://www.glassbytes.com/2013/10/majestic-auto-glass-opens-st-louis-distribution-center/

No one is talking about it here, so I did a search, never heard of either one of these places? Must be small operations, but sometimes that is best.

Talk about small there was a great distributor here, ODG I think they might have had a store in SC? anyway they were great. Not sure what happened to them, just about the same thing big boss screaming they would never sell few days later Satan takes over... Ooops I meant Pilkington

I believe they just sold the St. Charles location only.

Kryger Glass Co. has agreed to pay 53 workers back wages of $107,476
following an investigation by the department's Wage and Hour Division.
According to the investigation, the company violated the Fair Labor
Standards Act's overtime and record-keeping provisions when night delivery
drivers were improperly classified as exempt from overtime pay.
Investigators found that $52,187 was due to 33 employees at the Omaha,
Neb., location, and $55,289 to 20 employees at the Kansas City location.
The Kansas City, Mo.-based company operates retail auto glass repair
shops and wholesales products to those retail stores and auto dealerships

That is just over 2 Grand per employee, One thing I regret was working my Butt off for DT, I was hourly and worked 50-60 hours a week but was told no overtime was aloud because we was a new shop, Even when the Big Dog was at our shop for a meeting, He said, "Any problems I am the Man to talk to". I raised my hand and said... "I'm working 50-60 hours a week and only getting paid for 40" That is when the Branch Manager jumped in and said 'Because were a NEW shop, so NO OT!!! The Big Dog didn't even respond. Later the same morning I heard this Big Dog on the phone bragging on how sales were up 40% and DT was having the best year ever!!! I finished loading my van and drove straight to another glass shop and filled out an application, That was my last day on the Job for DT!!! I am actually embarrassed for allowing myself to be their slave, I should of stopped working after 8 hours, No excuses however, I was 700 miles from home working to start a new life in an area of the country I Love. The worst was Monday July 5th everyone got a holiday paid day off, I got called in to drive 150 miles to install an 1061... Worst place I ever worked for... Glad to see others stand up for what is right!!! Life lesson, Learn how to say NO!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com