AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2011 JEEP GR CHEROKEE R DOOR GLASS

These are worse than a Audi Q7. Give your self plenty of time on these. Had to take every thing apart and loosen latch and remove metal at rear post to get it out. It looks like they built the door around the glass. HTH

Re: 2011 JEEP GR CHEROKEE R DOOR GLASS

Yeah they're a real treat

OG
These are worse than a Audi Q7. Give your self plenty of time on these. Had to take every thing apart and loosen latch and remove metal at rear post to get it out. It looks like they built the door around the glass. HTH

Why don't you just cut open the bottom door seams and upshove the window into the channel and then use pliers to re-seam the bottom of the door again.You know just like the Corvette's...lol...

Just did one. Ran a search on this site when I was on the job and it didnt help. This job is awful. Got the window from safelite and somebody had already tried installing it, had paint scrapings on edges and didnt think much of it, thought some hack had the wrong side. Im sure they just tapped out. There is really no removal of tracks or moldings to make this window fit. Just patience and experience is how I got it. If customer calls for one, refer them to 800 800 asap

Most of you CLOWNS can't figure out how to tie your shoes much less put a door glass in. Leave it to the pros and rest your wimp useless brain matter that just holds yout ears apart. Losers.

Isn't the real OG the corvette hack?????????????lol

I own a collision repair center and I have done two of these now and I can 100% assure you there is no way the glass will fit through the top of the door opening. I also have spoken to multiple very reputable glass companies and they all say the same thing that you have to make a small cut at the back of the door where the window falls into in order to get the glass in the door. As for the previous response about unbolting the window track that is not possible either because the tracks are welded in. If anyone has any other information in regards to how you can get the glass in please let me know you can email me at look@lookautobody.com. on the next one i have i will be taking the car down to our local dealer to work with them to fix this issue and if i find a fix i will respond back and let you guys know : ) good luck!

PS: Bucky if you know how to get it in why aren't you sharing the info??? 800 800 asap is safe lite glass who happens to be in our area northern CA the absolute WORST!! I have never once had a good experience with them and can not wait for them to under cut them selves right out of business!! LOL

I pulled the front applique (You can reuse but we got a new one), the belt moulding and the felt, along with anything in the door that could be moved or loosened. Had a second person guiding the glass from the inside it was rubbing on metal but one lil love tap and it slid past.

Thanks!!! Finally a useful post.

Okay guys to remove the glass from the door shell

Door is open on the right side (back of door) there is enough space to lower the glass from the track guide put it in the gap closet to you and turn the glass clockwise a little wiggle and then you'll be able to pull it straight out.

I removed everything from the door even the trim plates on the outside and top of door you will not need to do so, it's a lot easier when carrier and latch are removed but can be done with them halfway off

Hope this helps

ACCC

I found a easy and simple way. Make a little notch on the outside of the door on the front under the weather felt strip right below the color trim the glad slide right out

Bill
I found a easy and simple way. Make a little notch on the outside of the door on the front under the weather felt strip right below the color trim the glad slide right out
Quit giving away trade secrets for free

I just did one. So you can tell your reputable glass guys that's not how you do it. Take all the guts out take the glass to the bottom out of the track and turn it sideways co.es right out.

I just put in rr door glass on 13 grand cherokee reverse from what you said to take it out and it worked great thank you I just needed some one to say they had done it with out cutting the sheet metal I am sure Jeep did not cut anything thanks again Auto Custom

I just replaced on of these in a 2012. No need to cut anything as a previous poster remarked. You will need to remove the in and outer belt line weatherstrip rubber orient the window sideways and drop in through the top. Lower the glass to the bottom of the door then rotate it. If you do not feed the glass in at the right orientation it will not be able to turn to become upright. That is the key . Hope this helps someone.

They will come out if u get glass under rear run channel you can turn glass sideways an pull out

I've Installed these before there a pain in the butt, but I figured it would be the same way you'd put one in. Its alot to explain better to hear about it in person instead of me trying to type it all out.

Don’t cut your door!!!!!! Remove the door pad then remove the door pad receiving mount on the left side of the door on the rear 2 one down it’s a while round clip with a hole in the center that allows room to slide the glass to the left and remove it by pulling it straight up

Please don’t have people cutting their door to get out the glass I posted the correct way to remove the glass it only takes 15 minutes to complete the job from glass out to in .no auto engineering company is going to build a door around the glass. Common sense tells you that if anyone would like me to submit a video I will..

Thank you it works when you take out of channel turn up at front of glass twist and out it comes

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com