AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2010 Ford Transit Connect sliding cargo door

Customer wants glass in sliding cargo door. I haven't seen vehicle yet but he tells me the actual sheet metal that covers the glass opening is urethaned in?? Has anyone done one of these and if so, is it simply a matter of removing urethaned sheet metal, installing a trim garnish molding and adding the glass?

Re: 2010 Ford Transit Connect sliding cargo door

Yes this can be done. Used Fein to cut out metal panel. Used T-202 mldg on glass and it fits right in. We had to use mldg because the urethane was out really far and was showing.

Ours was fiberglass panel. Simple set.

I just did 4 of these for one of my pharmacy customers. All had the fiberglass panels and wanted glass. I got the factory glass part and stuck them in with no molding. Just be careful though. It seems the glass is slightly smaller than the plastic panel and if you need to prime the body it will show. I was going to use a fein but was afraid it may scratch in a visible area. I ended up using a long knife and they came right out with no issues. Now I got these panels and dont know what to do with them...

Put them in stock and wait for customers that dont want glass and just panels.

The Glass Bot was being used in the shipping ports to convert these vans to the plastic panels. Different vehicle processing locations are using different methods for removal now.

They come into the county with glass in them. This is changed out at the ports.

Thanks to all the replies. Moving forward!

These vans come in from Turkey , with windows. At the port they remove the windows and glue in the panels. I have 3 of these in my fleet of vehicles. This is the most amazing van on gas, functionality etc. Any other van = Junk

Hi, I have a customer that wants the glass removed from his Ford TransitConnect sliding cargo door and panels to put back in, would you still have the panels that you removed and would you be interested in selling them?

I need two white fiberglass panels. Please email me at newjerseypoolrepair@outlook.com if looking to sell. Must be white

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com