AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1999 Chevy Tahoe Drivers Mirror

Does anyone know if there is a replacement made for the self-dimming, heated power mirror for the 1999 Tahoes? There are only three parts listed for it in the burco catalog #2724, #2784 and #2749RSG. According to the listing in Burco non of these are heated or self dimming. Anyone have any experience with these?

AGN

Re: 1999 Chevy Tahoe Drivers Mirror

No one knows??

The dealer can sell a whole new assembly for over $400! I'm really hoping there is a way to replace this hack job for a little less money.

AGN

If you want all of these features to work you will probably have to get a new unit from the dealer. If they just want a mirror(or don't want to pay for a new one) take the old one out and replace with a cheap one. Careful with this some of these have liquid in them. Haven't done one of these in years. HTH

I believe you are after the Electrochromic "fit over" #2724.

Note that it says do not remove the existing glass. Lee is right about liquid filled on those.

If you have the electrochromic, then you're stuck with two choices, the OEM or the Burco 2724. (Have no idea if Nu Mirror makes one or not.)

We disclose to the customer choosing the "fit over" option that the heat feature likely won't function, and that they are losing the dimming feature as well, to be sure they understand where the cost savings are coming from using the "fit over" option.

I advise caution on "good deals" that may show up on Ebay or the internet. I have had two customers over the past couple of years that tried that option, and told us that it was a sham, when they came back for the Burco "fit over" option.

Seems someone is selling a "Genuine OEM replacement" for some $65 or $70 and it's supposed to be the Electrochromic.

All I can say is, they didn't get that, and apparantly didn't get a regular mirror head either, or they wouldn't have come back for the "fit-over" option.

I can also say that it's likely that the salvage yards are picked clean of the used Electrochromic mirrors, from our experience. We had no luck using the salvage folk's national locators to try and find used replacements.

No luck with an "aftermarket" supplier either when we tried finding one. (then, have not tried recently) Some of those aftermarket mirror heads that we've done at the customer's request to save them money were OK products, some were kind of cheesy.

HTH

This is my personal vehicle so there is no customer to worry about. I bought this vehicle not too long ago with a few issues. It needs a bit of mechanical work, a new windshield and someone jacked up the drivers side mirror.

The mirror on the passenger side is the heated, electrochromic, self-dimming model so now the drivers side doesn't match...which isn't that much of a problem except for the fact that they totally jacked up the encasing trying to figure out how to install it.

I will try afew salvage yards and then just buy the dealer one if they don't have it. Thanks!

AGN

Call me AGN,I have several yards in your area that has the whole assembly for 65.00

I saw that you tried to call last night. It was too late to call you back by the time I got home. I will give you a call today!

I haven't checked any yards around here yet but if you know someone that has one I'll take it.

AGN

Some of the aftermarket body parts vendors offer mirrors one of them may offer the one you need.
I'm still banned on AOL.
("n
n n
Sorry, but the IP you accessing this service from has been banned.
n
If you would like to register your own free embeddable message forum, please click here.

n
n");

For the moment my AOL isn't banned. If you go in the Internet Explorer you can still post even if your AOL is banned.

EBay has a tone of these for mirrors for sale but none of them offer the self-dimming.

AGN

Sent you text to link for the mirrors.

I bought mine (whole sail mirror assbly)delivered from Amazon for 68.00

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com