AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
autoglasssearch.com

Anybody do business with this co? Is it worth I? How much do they charge?

Re: autoglasssearch.com

I got a call from a company out of NY, they told me 10 bucks a job, I thought that sounded fair so I thought about it and then I asked how do they know the jobs I do through their company????? Then they said.... 10 bucks a CALL... "WHAT"... Sorry, I can just see the owner of the company calling the number they have set up for me about 10 times a day... No Thanks, Besides I have my own web site.

Sir Slam A Lot
I got a call from a company out of NY, they told me 10 bucks a job, I thought that sounded fair so I thought about it and then I asked how do they know the jobs I do through their company????? Then they said.... 10 bucks a CALL... "WHAT"... Sorry, I can just see the owner of the company calling the number they have set up for me about 10 times a day... No Thanks, Besides I have my own web site.

Ask AHAG he used them, he can tell you 1st hand rather than me being biased and telling you what I think. Then ask AHAG about the other program he uses to where when somone slammed him, he got refunded.

Truth be if you need more phone numbers to have a more local presence there is a much more effecient way to do it.

Stay away!I think they are using prof. Frinks' automatic calling machine.

Well I did use them You pay at the first of the month for every call weather sold or not,the calls are recorded and you can ply them back and down load and save them also.

They are good about not charging for repeat or multiple calls from the same number but .I pulled off after 6 calls because I had a local shop calling and getting prices.

The one Larry mentioned is awesome I had full service glass shop that I had started and I didn't like the way things where heading with the partner I had brought in so I sold it out to them and just thanked the glass gods I still had my auto glass division.

This dudes wife decided she was going to get quotes and set up fake jobs and cost us money . I contacted the site and they credited back the money for those fake jobs.

A Lot of companies like the idea of having multiple numbers but $10 a call is a little steep. I have a friend that is working on a system similar to the auto glass search but I have yet to test it . I'm sure if its like the other products they have put out it will be just as good.

If you need any other info on the site Larry was referring to email me at ahag214@yahoo.com

also if my friends is reading this send me the info on your calling system again so I can help you out.

One of these type of things called me. They wanted $20 per booked job plus a monthly fee...insane!!

Most of my customers get freaked out if anyone but me answeres the phone. If I went to call center type thing I would loose customers left and right.

AGN

I was using it for a few months then stopped. I recently started again about a month and a half ago. I was overcharged $150, and was even charged for the same customer 7 times.
I wouldnt mind using them but only if they submitted a bill to me so I can review the calls first before they charge me. a $150 overcharge is pretty bad. How the heck can you not tell that it was the same guy 7 times, I mean I think him giving his name and car type was a dead giveaway!
And yes, glass shops do call and price shop costing you money. I also know who they were if you are reading this! Next time try not using your own phone! Duh!
So on that note, I am disputing the overcharges and cancelling with them.

SC yeah kind of sill to me it seems, if you want more phone #'s call me i can hook you up cheap.. and you can still record them etc, and they would get emailed to you (the call).

Also what happens with the # when your done with it then they give it to a new shop now they got your past customer etc.. not cool.. This concept perhaps 10 years ago would have been gold, today its more like a pot of gold that is never at the end of the rainbow.

& PS Bob Bernackie does not own it like they say he does.

Overcharges have always been a really big issue eveytime I have tried something like this. They all want you to put up your bank account or credit card so they can run charges against it before you ever receive a bill.

Glass.net overbilled me by several hundred dollars and then I had to threaten half the **** world to get it back. Never did get all of it.

Before I sign up for anything one of two things has to be in place:

A) I have to receive an intemized bill that I can audit before paying.

B) I know exactly what is to be charged and when it is to be charged. Then I will put up a CC or Bank Draft.

Otherwise...don't even hassle me with your phone calls.

AGN

AGN not like you would answer the phone anyways ;)

We had a customer call us today about 3 windshield. She said they found us on AGS so I looked it up and sure enough they still have us listed even after canceling service with them almost three months ago.

So either someone is jacking with us or they added it again without us knowing.

We got the job though now AGS wants 12 bucks lol

I think Bob Beranek in Sun Prarie Wi owns it, doesnt he?

no he's just the spokesman

correction - he is an "advisor" which is complete bull**** why does a web site need an advisor. he is a ******* sellout

They promise things to get you signed up and then rules change. We are off now.

Tom, first off get your facts right before calling somebody like Bob Beranek a sellout!! Bob has spent 30+ years in this industry making your life easier and is one of the most brilliant auto glass guys I have ever known. You only hope in your life time to know 1/2 of what he knows in this industry or in life!!

GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you want to know a little more about what he does in this industry check out the top of this page.

Autoglass Installation Hotline
AutoGlassUniversity.com
Automotive Glass Consultants
Automotive Glass Experts
Not to mention sitting on numerous councils throughout the country!!

where in that do you see "sellout"

How is associating your name with a web site that rips people off not selling out. When a dried up singer sings a jingle - sellout. Does that imply that that person does not know how to sign? NO.

I am not putting bob down. I am saying he is a sellout. Whats next he is going to endorse XYG? Or worse yet... Safelite, well I suppose if they got the money he has plenty of time.

Personally I just think Bob found a good way to make a buck in this business without having to install anything or bill any networks and so on...Congrats Bob!

Trying new ventures does not make you a sellout it makes you a smart businessman.

I for one think it's a great idea. Referrals are needed in any type of industry that you are in.

Can't compare autoglasssearch.com to networks, they are completely different. Autoglasssearch.com does not dictate your business practises like the networks do, they simply give you a referral that otherwise you would have never received for a small fee. It's a chance to create new customers. Which obviously we all need!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a small fee?? That is a huge fee considering that all they are doing is passing you a call. I was told from shops that they are faking calls thru and sending out bills. Z it sounds like you work for them.

all they are doing is getting a phone # and getting it listed, any idiot can do this for free,

That is my personal opinion on referrals and new customers, and no I don't work for autoglasssearch.com, but I for one will always defend a guy by the likes of Bob Beranek who I know has spent decades trying to better this industry. Period.

Z glass are you that dense? ITS NOT BOBS COMPANY! And as far as a referall i would have never got? Nice try if they are competing for work in my area, i am working against myself. If I am too stupid to get myself listed on the internet i suppose i deserve a per CALL bill?

Thanks but no thanks.

Larry, My god I know it's not Bobs company. This topic was not related only to the high and almighty Larry. No I am not dense and not everybody on this forum has the opportunity to compete with one-self, I am telling you my opinion on referrals from autoglassearch.com and thats it. Relax!!!!!!!

LOL :) not high and mighty. I am just saying that if you get your own local # it makes more sense..

I am a member of a certain organization that "markets" for me, however I choose not to participate in their "marketing" because it costs me so much to get a job that its not worth it. What is worth it?? that all depends on what you think is worth it. Personally if I paid lets say a phone call in some areas on speculation of work i would be bankrupt in a week, as we have so many price shoppers in high deductible markets.

Larry I agree. It's a good concept for some and not so good for others. It's just another option for those who are looking for more work.

Ok cool its ok to disagree, god knows i am willing to learn.

DIDDO!!!!!!!!!!!

Z glass - Told ya ;)

Caveat emptor pronounced /ˌkæ.viː.ˈɑːt ˌɛmp.tɒr/ is Latin for "Let the buyer beware".[1]

They bill what they want:
I have had an agreement with this company since September, 2010 that I would be billed a flat rate of $59.95 for services. These payments are auto-drafted from a credit card that they have on file. This last month, I was suddenly billed almost 6 times that amount ($299.90) for the same services. Apparently, I was sent an email that explained this was going to happen & I was given the option to change my services. I do not remember receiving this email, although I have been told by a supervisor from the company that I received it and opened it, according to their records. I asked for a refund and have been told that isn't an option. The only opportunity that I have to receive any of my money back, is if I agree to continue using their services under a different plan. I explained to a supervisor, that this felt like bribery and made me question the integrity with which the company was run. It also made it evident that my business with the company was anything but appreciated and it was clear that I am not a valued customer, although I have been a loyal customer since 2009. I was met with a somewhat hostile response, and felt that the supervisor treated me as though I was of lesser intelligence, citing that the one alleged email sent to me was sufficient criteria for the charges I incurred and it was made clear to me that the company had absolutely no desire to attempt to make things right in order to retain my business.

I dealt with them years ago and they tried to scam me. This was when they had you pay per lead. They were falsing calls and then charging me for them. Well I caught them and they refused to refund the money. I called my credit card company and complained. The credit card company refunded my money and back charged them.

I am just wondering why you all dug up a thread from 2009?

Do to an agreement I have with AGS I am no longer allowed to bash them on here or any other public forum. So this is me not bashing AGS but just giving you some ideas.

If you want additional numbers for your business you can find better options. Some are a one time setup fee of like $5 others are totally free. Some can be setup to forward to your cell phone if you want. The best part, no per call fees and you can still have options to monitor calls,download recieved call data and voicemail to email and texting also.

If you want more info you can email ahag214********** . By the way this is not my business and I make no money what so ever off of it. Just trying to help out. Also if you are looking for a system that will allow customers to get an instant quote and book jobs instantly I can help you with that too. Fact they are running a special right now so now would be the best time to take it for a test drive.

Larry, Thanks for the email.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com