AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Guardian's High Performance Slider...

I just bought an '07 Chevy Silverado. It does not have a slider...an option I really don't care much about.

However I remember awhile back that Guardian was advertising a "high performance slider" that had a flush mount sliding window for these trucks.

I see it is still available on their GRIP website. Its part # DY90115YP7.

Has anyone ever installed one of these or even seen one? It seems like a coll ide and I thought I might install one on my truck. Let me know...

AGN

Re: Guardian's High Performance Slider...

Congrat'z there,Now yur an official southern hillbilly..lol....we've installed 2 of these for customer'z and I do have to say that it fitz like a glove and matche'z the privacy tint like a champ...This is not yur typical cheap CR Lawerence or LOF slider...Problem is how are you gonna mount those shotgun hook'z in the back ...lol..........

Mine is an urban monstah thank you! Its not even a 4x4!! LOL :)

I'm looking to add some customization to it. Gonna make it a show truck for my bidiness!! :)

This slider looks like an interesting design. Any tips on install?

AGN

Also...what is the difference in the two part numbers?

There is DY90112YP7 and DY90115YP7.

AGN

we alwayz had the dy 90115 shipped to us...They never had the other one in stock from our wholesaler...very straight foward install...just make sure that you tape up the exposed paint over near the slider..Just in case of a OOOOOPS...It be nice if the truck was a dark color or even better if waz black...GOnna have the confederate flad painted on the hood and roof also??????lol................vanity plate'z that say Moonshine runner?????

IAN you told me your person plates were going to say autoglassindustry.com ?

Oh,yur good..I have to give you credit for that one...lol..............

The truck is dark blue. You know...like the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! :)

AGN

We have a Factory Power slider we pulled out of an 08 crew cab. We did this because the show was using 2 trucks and they had to match and one didn't have a slider. If your interested in this let me know.
AAAGLASSS@AOL.COM

Good choice going with the Chevy. Is there a Guardian retail shop near you? If so go there and get it.

I told myself when I opened my business I would NOT be doing Dodge sliders anymore... Got a call the other day for one (02) Guy lived an hour away also so I jacked up the price big time, Thinking he would say thanks and hang up.... NOPE... He said OK when can you do it!!!! So the whole way up there I am thinking...How am I getting this out since my Fein knife took a crap on me...... I get up there and bout fell over when The old slider was already cut out!!! GRAVY JOB.... He said a body shop went to install a new one and had the wrong part then wanted 800 bucks for the right slider!!!!!

SO What kind of visor are you going to BOLT to the roof...LOL

Wow Slam..I totally forgot about the visor thing....That'z the total look for a redneck southern hill billy..lol............Next thing you know he will have the truck 5 feet jacked up in the air...lol....

I think one should consider painting a mullet on the truck.

Hey
There very nice so call & I will ship you what you need plus a DVD to help get started
1 822 527 3418 dwhitmire@guardian.com

Sorry I did not read all the responses but I have one in the shop right now with installation instructions. There is a chance on these that the bead of thane could be off a bit and cause major issues but it is fairly straight forward.

sorry 1 800 527 3418

Ian,

You can find an installation video here that should be very helpful.

http://www.griptuning.com/video.jsp?v=slider

Regards.

Thanks everyone.

I didn't know they made a power slider for these???

Might have to go that route...I like power! More power!! :)

I watched the intstruction video...very interesting idea and it looks good in the trucks.

AGN

Yeah,and think about all that pizza you can slide thru the slider at the drive in and wont even have to move yur fat AZZ...Just a touch of yur fat puggy finger'z...lol.......

Excellent product, makes me want to go out an buy a pick up so I can have one. I'm the east coast distributor for Guardian E-mail me at jgaudi@guardian.com or call me at 800-248-7885

Looking to find a video that shows the slider in motion and how it works. Anyone? Stumbled across HPS while looking for the OEM slider for my '99 Sierra Z71

You can see it opening an closing early in this video. When unlatched, the top and bottom channels guide the glass in a bit before it slides. A very non-technical explanation but hope it helps..
While they have discontinued production of the part, I believe there may be more available out there. Check with some of the major distributors.

https://www.guardiandistribution.com/sliderVideo.jsp

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com