ATTENTION: The glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.
You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these basic guidelines for using the forum.
It is not our policy to censor this forum but in order to make this a place where everyone feels welcome to share their ideas some basic rules must exist.
1. No Advertising - please do not post classified ads (i.e., help wanted, items for sale, etc.). Also do not post links to websites for the purpose of promoting products or services. In some instances it may be acceptable to suggest or inform forum users of specific businesses or resources. In such instances it will be the discretion of forum management whether or not such posts are or are not in violation of the no advertising guideline.
2. No links to porn sites or other questionable websites. No exceptions.
3. No posts that encourage group action. Ex. "Let's all boycott Elmer Fudd Glass Company."
4. No posts about pricing or suggesting what should be charged. Verboten: Ex. “With the cost of fuel rising we should all increase our prices by 5%.”
5. No posts discussing market division. No dividing of regions among competitors or talks therein.
6. Direct abusive attacks on other forum users.
7. Slanderous, malicious or defamatory posts.
8. Posts that do not meet the guidelines may be removed at any time. Users who repeatedly violate guidelines may be banned.
9. Please refrain from using vulgar or abusive words or phrases.
10. Forum management may ban users from the forum at any time for any reason. A warning may or may not be issued and such action is at the discretion of forum management.
We are dedicated to protecting your right to privacy. Any information you give to Key Communications Inc. will be handled with the greatest care, and will not be used in any way to which you have not consented. Any and all information collected at this site will be kept confidential and will not be sold, loaned or otherwise disclosed without your permission. Those who use profile or name information for spamming, harvesting or repeating promotional posts will be banned from the forum.
Browser information gathered on the website is used to improve the design of the site, especially the usefulness and quick accessibility of materials posted on the site. Our website logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals that actually browse the site.
We do not sell or share e-mail addresses from this forum or any other visitor information with third parties. E-mail addresses, which visitors volunteer in order to receive e-mail online updates are kept confidential.
From time to time we rent or exchange the names of our users in order to maintain a strong and effective readership base and to provide additional financial support for our work. However, Key Communications Inc. honors all requests of any reader or contributor to not share his or her name with any outside organization or group.
The same pledge to respect your privacy applies to any individual who either joins or contributes online via this website. Subscribers and contributors have and may exercise the choice of having Key Communications Inc. keep their name private or occasionally share it with other organizations.
For the complete Key Communications Inc. Electronic Media Editorial Code of Ethics please click here.