AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TRIUMPH & BELRON

JUST KIDDING ITS AMAZING HOW MUCH ATTENTION THEY GET

Re: TRIUMPH & BELRON

It's not surprising. For all DT's talk about "getting it together and putting emphasis on quality" they are quoting $120.00 + tax on a DW 1330, "with molding" and $45.00 labor jobs "mobile". Jeese!!!!

Ouch. D/T beat me with a $135 door glass the other day and it was a net priced part!! Closest I could come was $165 and that was lower then I wanted to go.

SO ARE YOU SELLING SERVICE OR PRICE

I know, I had a customer call me today wanting to know if I could beat DT's price of $45.00 on a mobile labor job. I told the customer in a very nice way that you get what you pay for and that we don't even start our van's for $45.00. I just told them that we refuse to sacrifice a customers safety or do substandard work. Figure your labor, your urethane and your gas and you are doing it free. DT's shop is more than 40 miles from this customer and they do NOT have a tech that lives in this area. They were going to do it outside too with no shelter! Ended up we are doing the job and they are bringing it in.

GSB, I try to compete with pricing when I can, but as I said before, I refuse to sacrifice quality, service, materials OR a customers safety. It's my name that's on the company. We have a excellent reputation and I am not going to lose that. When you compete against the larger companies, the only thing that will give you the edge is SERVICE AND QUALITY. Sometimes you get the job, sometimes you don't, but I can sleep at night.

Amen Glasslady!!

This particular customer is a price guy. Some people are that way. I'll get a few from him and a few will go else where. I'm not worried about it.

AGN,
No matter what the job is, stick to your guns on the service and quality of materials and you will be fine. I remember when I first started and I had to go down some from where I wanted to be just to get jobs going, "getting your name out there" so to speak. But once I got past that I started checking my competition's pricing " just as everyone does " and went from there. Now that my customers know me, they understand the difference in pricing. You still have the cash customers that take some convincing and as I said before, "some you get, some you don't", but at least when I go to bed at night. I know that I did my very best to make sure that my customers are safe. Hey, you have a great New Year!!

Hey what the heck happened to my post it was not offensive???

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com