AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is your Distributor A Responsible Distributor?

Hello,

I would like to know how many people here when they go to there local distributor, actually check the expiration on there glue? I had a distributor, for now that will remain nameless sell me glue that expired 02/06/06. IMHO If a distributor sell you stale glue they are opening themselves up to a HUGE liability! This is a national company so its not like it is a 1 man show distributor. Distributors have the responsibility to provide non contaminated parts, and not stale glue, I feel that I have a reasonable expectation to receive non expired glue when I go to my local distributor. I have reported this to the distributor and to the urethane company.

Re: Is your Distributor A Responsible Distributor?

HELL I have a local distributor here that released my private info to my largest competitor, I still haven't decided if I want to persue the issue with the corperate office yet or not. I have contact my attorney who informed me of how illegal this situation is. I hvae closed my account with them but no more business than I have with them I doubt they would even care.

Crystal Clear Glass, did the distributor give you any reasons at all for divulging your private information to your competition? Not that it matters, there is no acceptable excuse for them giving your information to anyone, unless you've authorized them to release credit information for purposes of a reference or something along those lines. Although I'm quite sure you haven't applied for credit with your competitor LOL.

No they didn't give any reason and I haven't persued the issue with them directly. I used to work for my competition so I am sure that they were trying to warn them that I was starting my own company which I feel is fine I just think they went too far with all the information that they released. I haven't spoken with my former boss lately, but I still know a few people there who keep me informed. I know we live in a small world where everybody knows everbody but I couldn't believe that they would do something like this. It also left a bad feeling with my former boss who I liked very much and I would not do anything to harm his business. He was not aware that I was moving on to my own company. Either way he would have found out eventually but I am kind of person that doesn't like to hurt anybodies feelings

Yeah when I left my former employer and went on my own, they had actually wrote letters to all the parts departments telling them that i am not authorized to order parts! Boy that was really confusing!!! Our dealer's just laughed and it just went to prove why I chose to walk on the morons!!!
I loved my job and most of the people I worked with but when it went total corporate it became a joke. I wanted to move up but they don't see the full scope of things from far away. Empty promises leads to an Open Position
Now all I can do is keep laughing and the hold the doors open by making the money that they are not! Life is great! Happy New Year Folks

AMEN, Glass Woman. You go girl!! Have a great New years!!

What kind of information was it? Like did you owe taxes or something that was publicly posted? Such as in the business journal. If it was then it is public information. Fortunately I have never read about me nor any of my shops being in the journal for not paying federal or state taxes, there is so many busineess that do not pay there taxes it is nuts to read it every week, i look for a laugh, had a few good chuckles this year!!! And thank got it was at somone else's expense!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com