AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FW2294 '04 Honda CR-V

I have to do this windshield tomorrow. Its an '04 Honda CR-V. Its been a long time since I've done one and for the life of me I can't remember how the side moldings come off. I thought they were clipped on, but I don't see any clips listed for it? Anyone remember? Just don't like surprises.

Re: FW2294 '04 Honda CR-V

NOT POSS. BUT I DO KNOW THERE IS A TEN MIL NUT UNDER CAP AT TOP ON EACH SIDE NO STOPS

Remove cap and screw at top of molding/front edge of roof rail. 10mm underneath. Sides are just in pressure clips. Straight forward.

Done. I hate Hondas. Not a hard job I just can't understand why they like to hide bolts underneath screws and etc. The pressure clips would be more then enough to hold those moldings down and would save me a minimum of ten minutes by not having to even jack with the roof moldings at all.

Agreed. They could have easily designed it so that you remove the cap and the screw held both on rather than the screw into the rail and the molding to the body with the nut.

I think they design this stuff specifically with us in mind. someone onthe desing crew @ Honda must really have it in for auto glass techs.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com