AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite and TPA's in general .

How is it that this type of thing can even exist where a company can own shops and then control work through the guise of a TPA to feed said shops and expect everyone else to be able to do the job for the same costs as them even though theyre a manufacturer and can buy less than any of us ever dreamed and also produce undesirable glass anyhow ?

Get all that ?

I just dont see how this arrangement is legal I'm sorry .

Re: Safelite and TPA's in general .

It exists becauses we allow it to.
It is a fact that if every shop every where refused to work for the TPAs they would not exist.
Point blank

FIGHT THE POWER

Simple, Insurance is involved and no one oversee's what they do sure every state has an insurance commissioner but have you tried writing yours and getting a response from him/her lately, if you have you won't because they are probably off on a cruise paid for by some insurance company. They make their own rules, force industries like ours and even the medical field to bow down. We're not the only ones tired of their crap, the Dr.'s are organizing and fighting back as well. Even Govenors and state Senators are fed up with the crap insurance companies are getting away with. Their day is coming.

Yeah we have tried to deal with the powers that be on insurance commissions before it was pointless as they had very little concern to our dilemma and did not help in any manner.

I will be glad when we can all compete again for the work instead of our largest competitor getting the first call from reporting the loss to getting the job while the insured believes they were just talking with theyre "insurance company"

I just dont like the deceit . They should be made to tell the insureds that they are a middle man and the goal is to score the job for themselves and ass rape anyone else that has a say so in the matter .

These insured are like sheep on valium and just let any moron getting 8.00/hr talk them into getting the biggest tardslap in he sewer to do the job .

FYI about your states insurance commish, The insurance company's pay there saleries! Aint that a hoot!!!

Well, kudos to CHRYSTALCLEARGLASS!

If that ain't a solution he managed to sum up in a nutshell and something I've been advocating for years.

I've fought that piker network since their inception while the NWRA was sitting on their hands allowing them to expand like a rampant cancer.

We are not a member of that particular noxious network but I get a chuckle out of having one of my generated customers call them for a claim while I silently listen on a three way conference call.

Imagine their flustering, sputtering backpedal BS when I butt in after the usual steering doubletalk about guaranteed work and blah blah blah.

And one other thing. If you REALLY enjoy pushing the envelope and don't mind some accounts receivable delayed payments that will eventually be paid, call the glass desk of the insurance company and ask them where to send the bill. It's fun.

Never, EVER allow your potential customer to phone THAT network for a dispatch if you aren't on the line with the customer.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com