AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DW01556 GBY

Does anyone have a better price on this part, DW01566gby? NAGS list is $331.05 our cost around$500 from 2 vendors.

Of course this is StateFarm/LYNX job so they will only pay NAGS list (normally 15% discount) as it is a NET item. LYNX now saying they NEVER pay more than the NAGS list. And they only want to pay $100 flat labor on top of it. So if we do the job at their rate, we lose over $170 on the glass, $22 on the labor. How insane is that?

Another example of how PPG/LYNX/Statefarm make the money at our expense. And the real funny thing is, we are currently a PPG Prostar participant as well. Real nice huh?

Guess we will refuse the job and inform the customer that once again StateFarm is not willing to restore his vehicle to pre-loss condition and give him our list of insurance companies that will.

Why do we all continue to pay for "insurance" that we never have the benefit of using without a hassle or our premiums being raised? WAKE UP AMERICA !!!!

Re: DW01556 GBY

Assuming you mean DW1556gby (since there is no DW1566gby), my cost from Pilkington is $200.86. I know if I called them on a part that was that much cheaper from one of their competitors they would most likely be able to lower their price to come close. So try your normal supplier again and tell them Pilkington is selling for $200.86. Thats what I would do.

Yes I did mean 1556gby sorry for typo.

Pilkington does have this part for $229 plus freight, but they do not service this area.

So we are several days out from Pilkington, and they do not have the GBY version only the GBN. Other Buick Raniers we have done not only have the "acoustic" interlayer, but the GBY also comes with the acoustic foam dam pre-applied to the windshield. The GBN does not.

So PPG and another vendor are charging $200 more for the GBY over the GBN. I guess for the pre-applied acoustic barrier (foam dam) as the interlayer is the same on the GBY and GBN.

Thank you for your reply.

btw - PPG supplier would only come down to around $450 after telling them Pilkington price on the GBN.

Nice way to support your PPG Prostar and Select customers PPG!

This tops it all.

PPG just showed up with the GBY that we ordered initially for this job. Which we refused to take of course.

Guess what? The part they brought for over$500 was a PILKINGTON

It did however have the acoustic foam dam material across the bottom of the windshield, no moulding, for everyone's reference.

What a crazy crazy industry we are all in!

As long as Lynx won't pay more than list, why not just buy a dealer glass and charge dealer's list?

Dealer list was only $300 or so. Good thought though!

Statefarm & Lynx (nor any tpa) is going to give you a delaer approval for a readily avalible nags part

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com