AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Search Engine Optimization

How many people in here have a web site? do you offer quotes from it? do you offer ability of customers to email you etc? I am just wondering how tech we all are..

Re: Search Engine Optimization

I am getting one as soon as a buddy of mine has time to help me out.He was wide open today but I am a waiting

Thats one thing I need to get working on too. The plan is too build a high image website with pictures and all and of course a quote system.

AGN i hear that, web people are like body people, either they do good body work and suck at painting or they paint awsome, in other words sometimes looks do not meet functionality :)

Got to get 2 people and mesh it together...

We've had a site up for 15 mos now. Our current site is our third iteration and we will probably stay with this for at least another 18 months(hopefully). We have an on-line quote cabability that we are still honing.

A web site can be a very frustrating and expensive proposition. The design person is most important. I puposely said "design" because most anyone can produce the code to get a site up and running but if the navigation or appearance is not good, then the site is worthless. Time needs to be spent on what message you want to deliver. Take a look around and you will find most auto glass sites looks pretty much the same. I won't even go into search engine optimization at this point, it's a totally different animal and the parameters are changing as we type. Try Kellerglass.com

That is good information I totally agree that navigation is a must, it also has to be cross platdform compatible

Jim at Kellerglass.com ... that's a nice site. The before and after pic's are well done. It's difficult to get anything right on the first go around and you are clearly past "headed in the right direction."

The online quoting is effective and not too intrusive.

You even have the youthful alpha XX & XY "Mitsubishi" thing going for you with the pic right above the "Request a free On-Line Quote for your windshield replacement." Nice touch.

to J Armstead Thanx for the accolades. Like I mentioned, this is our third iteration and are pleased with it. We still have some updating to do - naturally. The quote part only works through GTS if the ISP that you have supports it.

The site has helped generate office and commercial work besides painting a great picture of Keller and how we do business. More homey guess.

Jim I just rubbed my eyes two times :) I thought you said makes you more... something other than homey :) LOL

Jim,

Pretty good looking site. I might have to use that for inspiration in building my own site.

AGN I'll host it for free :)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com