AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HV = STRESS

I THINK THAT THE HV THANE IS CAUSING STRESS BREAKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO PUSH THE SHIELD DOWN TO GET IT TO TOUCH ROOF LINE WHERE AS AT THE FACTORY THEY USE SLOW CURE ADHESIVE WITH STOPS OR FOAM DAMS ANY OPIONS I JUST FEEL THE WINDSHIELD IS ALREADY UNDER STRESS ?????

Re: HV = STRESS

what brand of glass ?

I have always been told not to "roll" the glass in by hand after its set on HV . if the pressure is to much it can bed lower than need be.

IT DOES MATTER WHAT TYPE I USE ITS JUST WHEN YOU LAY IT ON THE THANE IT HAS TO BE PUSH DOWN HARD AND I DONT THINK IT LAYS EVEN

I have not experienced any problems with HV urethanes.

we use them everyday. Once I set a shield I do slap the top to drive it down a bit but not to hard you may want to look a your v notch size if you are using to much it will take more pressure to level it out.

PROBLEMS YOU MAY THINK ARE STRESS FROM GLASS BUT MAYBE THE GLASS WAS PUT IN UNDER STRESS BECAUSE OF HV THANE I LIKE THE WAY THE FACTORY THANE FLOWS OUT WIDE WHEN SHIELD IS INSTALLED AND COMES IN CONTACT WITH MOLDING AND HELPS HOLD IT ON AND WHEN YOU USE HV THANE AND A WRAP MOLDING IT CAN PUSH IT OFF THE GLASS BECAUSE IT IS SO DENSE I THINK I AM ON TO SOMETHING

Alot of the high modulus vehicles have a low profile urethane bead. I agree witht he poster above that it might just be your are using a bead that is to tall. When the glass is out, lay the nossle tip in the pinchweld and note where the roof line is. You might be suprised just how short the bead needs to be.

Hope you get it figured out!

I use SIKA ASAP (the best product in the world ) and I have never had a stress due to urethane.. Stupidity yes, thane never

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com