AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Farm-out work

We had a call from a west coast glass company yesterday ( I forget the name ) asking if we would take care of one of their customers. They would provide the glass from a local provider and pay us $100.00 for the privelege of working for them.

Business is real slow here in NY, but not THAT slow !

Re: Farm-out work

LIGG tell em to call me send me some work ;)

$100 profit, I'd take it. You'd probably even gain another repeat customer.

What would the profit really be after you pay for urethane, primers, mobile, and wages/benefits?

Being a one man show I'd of takin' it for $100. Like the post above said...might have gained a repeat customer who'd call you direct next time.

Maybe you are right, I just hate to see the industry selling itself short

if anyone wants to do this, call cascade, they are closing their shops and doing this everywhere. i did a couple but it became a pain in the a**. it would work good for someone just getting started to generate business and repeat customers.

Where all is Cascade located at? I'm pretty sure we don't have any around here.

HMMMM...How long befor all the network/TPAs start calling us with the exact same offer. Excuse me a fax is coming in.

cascade is based in vancouver,washington

www.cascadeautoglass.com shows their areas

It's hard to paint a pretty picture of our industry when so many people in our industry can't paint.

I don't mind the guys (gals) who can't paint, I just hate the ones can't add

Didn't State Farm try this with RV's? Send the glass from Duncan and pay you $100 and not for a kit to install it?

We have done a few of these but we make them supply both glue and glass. We normaly charge them $125 and no gaurantee against breakage on the supplied glass prior to or during the install ,its never happend but Cover Your Own A** just in case

I think the fax i seen from Guardian they are doing the same thing with RV's

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com