AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Serious Topic.

If there was a web site out there for you (joe blow) aka the little guy, that you could profile you area, and give instant quotes in the specified zip codes, and each time you were given a referall you paid $10. What would your opinion be? Sort of like and 89 glass with out the middle man! only middle man is a yet to be disclosed web site that does all the work for you..

Thank You,

Larry

Re: Serious Topic.

Sounds like an okay deal to me.

If you are using the GTS software, their new version has a glass quoter / scheduler capability to do exactly that through an actual link on your web site.

There is a subscription fee involved, but no fee for each job.

Larry - Is this something you are going to start doing or is this how the PPG Auto Care site is going to work?

Somone I know, from what I understand (Clarifying Again from what I UNDERSTAND)

The ppgautoCARE site is limited to prostars only, and ppg select customers (which is really just a prostars) And from what I gather it cost $600 aprox to join and $25 per job.

On the GTS Side from what I was told by GTS, in a phone call from them, which i will say it did take them 4 days to call me from my initial call to them to ask about it..

You have to pay something like $625 for a "Module" for one user and then you get 100 free lookups and from there it cost an undisclosed amount per lookup.

This is from recalection and in no way represents absolute 100% facts.

Hey,

AHAG drop me an email larryjr@bachmanautoglass.com ...

I think you are swimming uphill by expecting to get a site out there that has enough presence to get to the top of the list on a large basis on $10 per (confirmed?) referral. It would have to be regional, or backed by a giant wad of cash to even appear on a standard search.

I also think the concept of a multiple source quote engine on the web reinforces the "price only" message. I realize it can be done better, but again, you get what you pay for.

I think DL's head might be frozen, you totally did not understand what was said... Lol just nevermind.

DL show me the love, scream i love the bachman! I love him!

Larry, the initial cost depends on how many licenses you have. The glich is you get 20 free quotes per month and then have to pay $2 for each individual quote. I have a problem with that if all of a sudden your competition decides to bury you in quotes. We need to work out this little transaction thing with GTS. I wasn't aware that this module was ready for general use yet, but just part of the Beta test for GTS.

Also, this is not meant to be a referral service, only a quoting service that is really tied into your pricing system at your location.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com