AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gerber and ANY insurers billing thru them

We have had enough!

After chasing down several employees at gerber, and being promised payment in "10 days" recently, when the actual invoices were submitted in April and May, we have had enough.

Story after story, promise after promise. We will be drafting letters of complaint with the state insurance commissioner, consumer affairs, and everyone else on our TPA complaint list.

So sad that a service provider is forced to use these types of methods to get paid. It shouldn't be this difficult to be paid, nor should it require months of phone calls, etc. and still have no payments.

Any insurance companies using Gerber be on notice that your customers will now be pre-paying for our services. And we will be happy to explain why this policy is taking place.

What has this industry come to? Keep fighting everyone we HAVE to turn this around.

Re: Gerber and ANY insurers billing thru them

Wow! I don't blame you one bit. They normally pay us within 30 days/ max 60 days (once they get paid from insurer). We either fax them the invoice or send it thru EDI.
Good Luck!

We do a fair amount of business through Gerber and have relatively few problems with payments. When there are issues with invoices, they are very prompt in getting the issues resolved.

Sadly, this has not been our experience of late. These were direct billed to the ins. co., then they forwarded them to GERBER, and then the stories began. After several calls to the ins co., who verified everything was in the system and good to go, Gerber continued the excuses.

They were finally turned over to LYNX and we received LYNX dispatch# and even after that Gerber said they "couldn't find the claims in their system". I am not sure what is going on at Gerber, but 8 months on one claim, 7 months on another, and 6 months on a third is unacceptable from any TPA or ins. co.

I can tell the same stories, but with Lynx and Safelite.

Same game, different players?

I wonder if its a shame on you for direct billing thing?

This is really odd, we get gerber checks all the time, one time it took awhile apparently according to the post master it got stuck in a sorter.. It looked pretty tattered.. I dunno I think they pay fast, I wish they had EFT!!

God Bless Gerber

It is probably because you tried to go around the system and bill the insurance company directly, and then they having to forward the invoices to Gerber for processing and payment that caused delays.

We have found that by billing directly through Gerber, we are getting paided between 30 - 60 days at the most.

WCS

I hate Gerber because they are so slow in paying us. Every time we call them they say check is in the mail and it never is. We have had nothing but problems with them.
It is the same for other glass companys that I have talked to around this area.

The point is the ins. co. in this case received the paper on time, delivered them to Gerber, and then the 6 months worth of stories began.

So it was not the direct billing that was the problem. The problem seems to be that Gerber had no idea how to handle a direct bill. And now LYNX is handling these claims as well (or will be taking over soon) so there was that transition as well. So we understand a small delay, but 8 months is insane, and then for them to insist the claims had never been filed, blah blah blah.

Anyway I think someone from the ins. co. chewed some but, cause Gerber called back and promised to issue payment yesterday. Will keep everyone posted.

These are the reasons we all hate networks. If they worked as "effeciently" as HAL wants all of US to work, everything would be great. But they don't and HAL has the nerve to tell all of us he doesn't fund "ineffeciant shops".

Speaking of HAL and his administrator. We had an agent call in her claim today and guess what? SGC could not verify her coverage, her deductible, etc. She was very very upset. We felt bad for the agent, but it really drove home what we have been telling her for the last year about SGC habitually not being able to "verify coverage".

I am here to defend gerber, i get paid timely by them, do not know what your issue might be? Who are you talking to at gerber there are only like what 3-4 people there, they are all nice and pay timely!

I agree with Larry.... The Gerber folks are great to deal with, and if there are any issues, they are dealt with very promptly.

It's a shame that the Gerber name is associated with these guys...Al Gerber was a great guy...worked for him in 1988-89.. I learned alot from him..He was a self made millionaire..After he passed away, his son sold out the name to a group from Canada. They purchased Globe Amerada after Maury Kellman died ( yes..related to Joe Kellman who owned Globe Glass) and changed the name to Gerber..I'm not sure why I typed this....It just made me remember of one of the "good guys" that has crossed my lifes path..

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com