AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PPG autocare

Let's say 5 shops in an area join this thing, all 5 give quotes, how do you know if your quote is ever given to the customer? This seems like a very easy way to steer the work where you want it to go. Plus you pay for the privilege to be blocked from work.Just wondering. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Re: PPG autocare

What do you have to do to be a member of it?

What is PPG Autocare????????????

OH the answer to this is in the works..

stay tuned ...

From what we have seen the CASH paying consumer will be given the opportunity to chose from an alphabetical list of providers in their area, which I understand is ONLY PPG Prostar or PPG Select providers(large volume PPG buyers), not sure what happens when PPG does not have any coverage in an area.

From that list they can select up to 3 providers to request quotes from, which are then emailed to them and are based on the CASH discount each provider has uploaded to LYNX.

Upon choosing which quote they prefer they contact(email, phone?) LYNX services, arrange payment, etc. and then LYNX notifies the provider thru fax, electronic dispatch, etc. to arrange for performance of requested services.

LYNX collects the funds from the consumer, removes processing and referal fees, then forwards the balance to the service provider.

This is my basic understanding of how this program is meant to work.

I might add that the list the consumer sees of providers does display your METRYX data and certifications in case the consumer actually knows to look for AGRSS or other training certifications.

so ppg gets a fat fee to alow you on their list then charges you to process the job at the cheepest rate? I see more shops closing their doors next year.

i think it is awesome that they will have an alphabetical list,,,,,we have something similar here,,,,,i think it is commonly referred to as the yellow pages.

Well you can say no to PPG by not supporting them.

ppg's quality of glass has slipped so far down, they need to be able to market direct to the customer, just to move glass. They just keep introducing new programs, to get shops to chip in and pay for their schemes. if they are unable to figure out a way to move more glass they will probably wind up like safelite or move to a duncan systems type program at some point.

Ralph I think you are right on the money! When exactly will Statefarm and Allstate start buying the parts and shipping to us? Time will tell. Or maybe liability laws will decide when and if this will happen.

How is Lynx going to get cash customers to call them for qoutes? They just became your biggest competitor.

My guess is the Farm will now give out the Lynx 800 number to those clients that signed up for those high deductibles. Thier sales pitch will be call this number for a guranteed cheap price. Will the Farm get paid for referals ???????

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com