AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Confused

Do you have to be AGRSS certified to do Lynx work as of Jan 2007?

Re: Confused

I'm not sure

I called Lynx they told me you don't have to be agrss certified but you have to agree to the agrss guide lines.

That's not the way I took it, although Mark1 would be best to decipher the lingo. The way I understand it is that whatever the original "language" in the contract regarding the standard of replacement "documentation" and "safe driveway time" notification was, it is now to be replaced by the AGRSS standard of replacement documentation and notification. The following is from the original email from Participant Services. WEBMASTER remove it if you must. I don't know about copyright on something like this.

I. WORK ASSIGNMENT AND WORK PERFORMANCE

Sections 3 and 4 have been revised to support procedures noted in the Automotive Glass Replacement Safety Standard (AGRSS) for documenting work and advising vehicle owners of drive away times.

I would like to see that language also.

This is beginning to get interesting...all these networks 'requiring' things surrounding 'quality' when the insurers and networks aren't contracting for repairs to the car.....lol lol

Then all the questions of whether a fax sent constitutes a contract....this should be a no-brainer, but apparantly isn't....

Me thinx somebody(s) is nervous that their posterior(s) are overly ventilated.

Does that mean the same thing as their arse's aren't covered?

I wonder why you guys are still on the networks? With all the crap they put you through and ask of you and then give you the cost of all of it.Why not get off the networks and direct bill it is alot easier.MHO.

Yeah their new contract coming out effective 1/7/07 states that they require all members to follow the AGRSS standards and they want EFT payments or they deduct a fee. They also want 6% of the gross invoice total.
You would think they would want to start increasing the totals of our invoices with this new program

Glasswoman

Who wants six percent of the gross total invoice in what program?

VERY good question!!

Looks like every insurance carrier but State Farm and Allstate, if I am reading it correctly. It just says Lynx Service Agreement. When I went to pull up all the insurance carriers it's all the miscellaneous ones like AAA, Metlife, Farm, ect. Allstate and State Farm have their own contracts.

When you say direct bill does that mean with all your insurance jobs you direct bill? Do they pay full price? How do you call in the claim if you direct bill? We direct bill a couple companies but, not sure how to do it with the rest? Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

GrumpyBear08, if you're waiting on info about the mysterious direct billing issue to come out on this forum to change your mood from GRUMPY to something less than Grumpy then you'll be having a long wait. Alot of posters here are all to eager to put down shops that bill through the TPA's/networks, but any info they have on doing it any other way is apparently that "I Could Tell You, but I'd Have To Kill You" kind of info. If they are sharing it, it's being done privately and certainly not on this forum, but they don't hesitate to insult us "Idiots" who've yet to figure a way around the TPA's.

I don't know what the big deal is about sharing information, especially on Direct Billing. Does it not help out our industry to get more shops direct billing? Everyone complains about the networks. Why not help each other to get off of the networks. Yeah I wish I could get off of them. With our clientel and location, we are pretty much forced to stay on or loose the business thru steering. I would rather have some sort of job security RIGHT NOW than close the doors.
The networks have the insurance companies brainwashed into believing they are saving them money and time.

They are saving them money..................ours!

I did not mean to make any feel dumb by my statement. I believe that had I not gotten help from all of you I would not have my own company today.

If anyone would like to know how I direct bill please feel free to e mail me I would be happy to share any and all info with you

I believe if we all get off the networks the our live will be made a lot easiler and better

FIGHT THE POWER

I think direct billing information is not shared on this forum because it alerts networks to how people are successfully direct billing.

I thinnk the info is being shared privately to help protect the way its being done.

Probably a good idea.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com