AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Technician Repair Olymoics

Last month brought us among other terrific venues the Technician Repair Olympics.
I thought the competition was for technicians. However, I was stunned that Michael Curl, President and owner of Glasspro Systems out of Rockford Illinois was allowed to compete. Since when can manufacturors compete?
This is the same Michael Curl who in his web site challenges every competing manufacturor.
Well Michael did not finish in the top three.
So much for your challenge. The top three finishers used other systems and fairly beat you.
I suggest manufacturors will not be allowed next year.
May the top technician win and let the manufacturors be manufacturors.

Re: Technician Repair Olymoics

RE You spell as good as I do.. I wish the web master would make this forum PHPBBS like the tech forum that way if you typo or want to delete a message you could..

Hello M. Pair:

This is Deb Levy responding as one of the sponsors of the Windshield Repair Technician Olympics. Just wanted to make you aware of a few things. While I hesitate to single any competitor out, I did to make you away that every competitor met our criteria of being an actual WSR Tech, regardless of whether or not they or their company also manufacturing a repair system.

The Olympics was not designed to highlight manufacturers equipment but rather technician practices. We do not want, nor do we intend to allow, it to become a competiton for the "best" system.

We have already held a number of meetings about next year and the rules will be modified to reflect this emphasis on the technician, not the system.

I hesitated responding to your post because I thought it a bit unfair to Mr. Curl to be focusing on his participation, but I did want to address the overriding concerns you mentioned.

Regards,
Deb Levy

Deb,

Do you all have any shops ?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com