AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AM FAM

Did you receive the wonderful new Am Fam FAX? Flat labor dropping from $40.00 to $35.00 (hourly unchanged), and slashed non-conductive kits in half.

Re: AM FAM

Just got it.... One of our CSR's is wondering why her rates have not gone down... nyak nyak!!

we are at about the same discounts off nags right now with them as we were back in 2000 off the old lists of say 500-800 average .

I think we used to give them like 50% off the 500 lists now were going to do that with 180.00 lists.

This whole bunch of chit makes me very sad.

I for one will be keeping neon paperwork and offering to charge the customer 30 days on a CC till they can be re-imbersed for a quality job that cant be had for 149.99/safetool is peddling .

Just got ours. I have e-mailed sgc as should anyone not happy with this. shopcare@safelite.com. Is this just the start of erroding the labor???? maybe they know they cannot errode from nags much further so is this the start of their new direction???? I for 1 am ready to take the buggers to arbitration,,, or court if nessesary! this has got to STOP somewhere!

Anyone have an e-mail address for AM FAM direct. E-mailing shop care won't help, they are TPA Csr's making 5 bucks an hour.

Glasssgod, did yours have Mike Hendricks as signature at the bottom? If so how do we get to him? or how about Henry Ellis @ am fam? Now this is scary,,, His e-mail is hellis@amfam.com. I wounder if this is valid? hmmm Found this in my data base from earlir this year.

I don't have an email address but would love one! Wondering if anyone would like the name to a contact at AMFAM?

Yes we would love a good contact at am fam!

By the way, this reminds me of a song,,, by Johnny Cash, "I got it one piece at a time, and didn't cost me a dime".....

This may be the new plan,,,,, One Piece At A Time....
hmmmm

Just shopcare e-mail address...not sure who Henry Ellis is......

Don't feel bad NAGS should be coming out soon and I sure they will take another 3% to 5% from you too.

Email me at grumpycarebear08@yahoo.com and i can give you more info

We don't do work for them but I have this number written down for Issue's or complaints for American Family Direct: 608-242-4100 ext 36492. Let me know if it helps!

FAX REVISION: Our policyholders have the right to choos an automobile glass shop off their personal choice. However, American Family is obligated on behalf of all of its policyholders, to pay only SAFELITES price for glass replacements and repairs. Therefore, if you are unwilling to give your services away, please consider declining the job, CLOSE YOUR DOORS BECAUSE THAT IS YOUR ONLY CHOICE. SUCKS TO BE YOU! HAHAHAHA YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE.

Well guess what we do have a choice. I am contacting each insurane company for direct billing and I will not except NO for an answer.

Further emails will have info under the heading of insurance billing

GLASSWOMAN, That is a direct # to am fam,, but that extension is for Denise, who is no longer in glass claims,,,hmmm the new guy is mike hendricks @ ext 37221. Thank you for the info.

Thanks for the update XXX

Just got off the phone with Mike at Am Fam. Great guy, easy to talk to, fairly new to his position. What I am APPAULED at is him saying no one else is complaining!!!!! He stated he has only heard from shops that they are paying better than most and are so happy with their pricing and not making changes or hanging in there so well.!!! WOW! He also doesn't hear of or believe the safety issues or shoddy workmanship that goes hand in hand with CHEAP work. He can't beleive it's happening cause no one complains of bad installs. We had a great conversation,, but I'm astounded he is not hearing from more independent shops. I encourage more to tell him like it is!!!!!!!!

That's about the same as I heard, and I thought I was the only one who chatted with him!!!

I spoke with him also. The jury is still out, we will have more indepth discussions at a later time.

shazam,,,,,,kind of reminds me of my state farm agent tellling me the same stuff,,,you are the only one not on the network.

anybody wonder if this guy has a script, it seems to have a common thread from what you people have posted. haha.

They wouldn't want us to think we are all complaining.
That is how they think they can maintain control.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com