AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I don"t know how some shop owners sleep at night

In reading some of the posts some of you have said some shops are installing mobile in 10 degree weather, thats insane we won't go mobile below 45 degrees, my installers were just complaining that they can't wear shorts yesterday because it got down to 36 degrees, my hat is off to you who work in low temperture areas it doesn't make this job any easier even in a warm shop

Re: I don"t know how some shop owners sleep at night

Better question is how the hell do they put in glass in alaska?????????????
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

From what I have heard, most all is done IN SHOP, and they make use of lights cause in some parts of Alaska it's dark a whole lot!
Dr glass, it's 0 here today, got 2 done by lunch, p/up & del, all within 10 miles but man ya gotta let em warm up a half hour before you can even find the cowls!!! Also squeegee the floor between each one!!! My shop has 2 furnaces,, one for the office and 1 for the install bay! In this cold it takes both.

And by the way we sleep real good at nite just need extra sleeping bags, and stay cuddled to the wife!!!!. AND when it really gets cold we bring in the DOGS. Thus the saying,,,,"A THREE DOG NIGHT".

Even though here in Calif its 27 degrees in the am and 60-75 degrees in the afternoon its still a pain to get the mouldings to form to the body in a heated shop, as well as the urethane when its cold isn't as easy when its warm to cut out

This thread reminded me of when I worked for Jiffy Lube during the summer of 1985. I know its not glass related but have you ever drained the oil from a vehicle that a soccer mom has been driving around for hours on a July afternoon? Sheez. Try removing a oil filter with a hot exhaust manifold inches from your arm. My fore arms constantly had burns on them.

I feel your pain Webmaster. I worked for an oil lube when I was a teenager.

Hey I used to work at Jiffy Lube also. They would come driving in w/ a foot of snow on the roof and it would end up on my floor from it melting from the heater's on the ceilings!!! Thats where I met my husband and then he started working for J.N Phillips glass right next door! We now own our own shop here in Fl.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com