AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AGRSS SHOPS REFUSE WORK IN THE SNOW!

A number of safelite stores today cancled all there jobs, and told customers they were not going to install in this weather. Also many retailers in the mid west also shut down mobile installs due to AGRSS Specifications.

Re: AGRSS SHOPS REFUSE WORK IN THE SNOW!

Ok sounds good,,,, But unfortunately I see the big network shops doing installs in ALL kinds of weather I for 1 would not,,, so again I say, sounds good, for the sake of the consumer,,, but I bet at least a few hundred to a few thousand IMPROPER installs were done in inclimate weather just on friday alone!!!!! And thats just my NLHO! And 95% of those bad installs where done once again by the " BIG NETWPORK SHOPS who can only survive daily by trying to recoop loses by trying to push their installers to the max in crappy weather, so they just might make 2 bucks by the end of the day..... IT"S SAD!!!!

Uh is safelite not a big network shop?

Safelite didn't do the installs because the weather was to extreem for the installers or two extreem to drive. They don't give a &%#@ about the AGRSS standards.

JAC

I think I had TOO much to drink before posting the above and forgot which TOO to use when referring to an amount.

Thank you for your support during this trying time of mine :)

JAC

Why is it the 'big boys' aren't AGRSS compliant?

I still think a big part of the 'big boys' being on the AGRSS council is simply to make sure NOTHING is added to the standard that they cannot comply with. As if they are compliant now!

And still Sika and Dow sell to them? I am not sure I would want the 'big boys' saying they use my products with their 'superior' service.

The Big Boys can't be AGRSS compliant. They would not be able to do as many jobs per man a day as they do now. They also would have to stop doing mobile in unfavorable conditions. This would cost them BIG $$$.
So they will pay lip service to AGRSS and continue on the daily $$$ trail and hope they don't get someone maimed who might sue them.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com