AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mustang by Giugiaro

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, judging from the pictures, that is a windshield, roof, and backglass, all one piece of glass. I see no seams on any of the external pics, and the one side pic of the interior definitely does not show any seams either.

Very cool.

Wow, What Do You Think the Labor Time Will Be on This One?

http://www.glassbytes.com/newsMustangGlass20061128.php

Mustang by Giugiaro-a concept car powered by Ford Racing Technologies-features a single curved backlite/roof that encompasses the entire top half of the car. Produced by Solutia, the glass panel is composed of proprietary technology that filters out 100 percent of the UVA rays while still providing external views.

Re: Mustang by Giugiaro

mark 1,

looks like about an hour labor, and one kit. unless you think maybe we could glaze it with butyl; in which case we could throw in the kit?

ha ha

May get 1/10th hour for glass clean up too. What freaked me a bit was the ad on this page for the 2008 Buick Enclave. It's still over a month til '07 and the '08's are coming out???? I guess I better have two Magnums of Asti this New Years Eve.

Holy freakin' crap batman!!

Thats a whole lot of glass. Looks like you could probably cold knife it out though so it may not be too awful.

That isn't glass, that's transparent aluminum!!!

Wait until the TPA asks for it to be a mobile job.

I can imagine doing that mobile! What a nightmare. How would you even transport it. Definitley a two man job...if not a three person job.

I was thinking four people. One on each corner.

TRANSPARENT ALUMINUM?? BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!

That's insane!!!!!!!! perhaps it's Lexan or summtin.......Just think about the roll-over hazards!

Use this URL for the follow-up article glassbytes mentioned.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-29-2006/0004482027&EDATE=

Very interesting!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com