AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
'77 CHEVY P-UP

Anyone have a source for front ventglass assemblies? Thanks.

Re: '77 CHEVY P-UP

Try here they have vent glasses they may have the assembly, (vent post snap??)
http://www.car-part.com/index.htm

Thanks, but that site just provides a long list of junk yards. I think some of the old school people here know exactly what I am talking about. One of our techs is restoring his old truck and needs new assemblies, they're rusted bad.

Try brothers chevy truck parts

thanks

Try www.restorationspecialties.com
I wish i could be of more help,but it seems i loaned out a few books too many.I can't find any of my chevy books.
Glad you asked cuz now i have to find them before i may need them.

Do you have a part number for nags and where are you located?

NAGS part is irrelevent...need assembly. Can always transfer glass. Thanks anyways. Seemed to find it on that brothertstrucks website. Thanks for all the help.

Fastest way might be the salvage yards Glasssgod.

Pick and choose decent ones, you should be able to pick them up for $20 each. You can sandblast (protect the pivot parts from excessive sandblast) then Ecoat and paint the old assembly, and Precision should have the new rubbers. Results very good.

Done it a few times, most recently on my own 81.

If insistent on new, get a GM dealer that will actually DO a locator search for you national. Most parts guys don't want to go to the trouble, they just say they're not available if they don't themselves have them. One in Denver comes through for me quite often. GM has an extensive parts locator for stuff like this, updated daily.

lmctruck.com, i think is the website or it is longmotorcompany.com you can almost build a chevy truck from the ground up from them, that is who i got my vent assemblies from for my 77 chevy, also all the weatherstripping and original chrome.

it is lmctruck.com page 15, sells for $169.95 per side

NLA through dealer Mark, at least the three I checked with. But thanx you guys for the help...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com