AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I was wondering about Agrss.

I was reading a post awhile back talking bout primers and temperatures, so it got me thinkin, what is AGRSS's stand on replacing glass in temps where primers stop working?

I thought I'd be ahead of the game and email AGRSS directly, but, alas, I received no response. Maybe they didn't get my email.

What do yall think?

Re: I was wondering about Agrss.

The glass needs to be primed in the heated shop and allowed to dry before leaving the shop.

they say to follow manufacturers guidelines. that is there position.

What about the pinchweld primer?

Probably says on the can of primer to follow the mfg directions too.

All of requirement can be met when doing mobile instillation it just takes a little thought and time on the part of the installer.

Wow. Thought and time. Thats a luxury I never had in the corporate auto glass chains. But now I'm free! I'll probably have to re-learn my trade now.

What email address did you send your message to?

I would really like info on a metal primer that performs under 40 Temp.

Agrss has SO MANY D/T registered AGR locations it make me wonder about AGRSS too.
From what I've seen and heard about their mobile installations in my area AGRSS'S validity concerns me.

rickc@cmservnet.com

and mobile CDN, what thought and time were you referring too? Tents with heaters? Blow dryers? If your urethane is too warm and you put it on a pinchweld that is too cold does it create a moisture layer between adhesive and pinchweld? Also, its 5 degrees outside you get a window out and its a dodge so all the urethane peels off the pinchweld how long start to finish should this job take? I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm just curious. We've all done it in this condition, I'm just wondering how safe it was to do?

AGRSS might be slow to repsond because they all have (real) jobs other than AGRSS and I think alot of people ask alot of nonsense questions, although I think you have a relavant question.

AGP

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com