AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Post What You Are Thankfull For

It is a tradition in my house to say what your are thankful for on thanksgiving so I ll go first,
I am thankfull for my lovely wife who I named my company after, I am thankfull for all of you for your advise in starting my own.
May all of you enjoy your day off and the friends and family you surround yourself with, for they are all that is truly important.

Re: Post What You Are Thankfull For

I am thankful that I work for SAFELITE AUTOGLASS, where I can make what I deserve to make, which is much, much more than any independent company would pay me. All Hail SGC!!!!!!!

I'm thankful not to be an idiot like some other people I know

I should clarify...

I don't really know this guy. I should've said "some other people I can think of".

Just wanted to clear that up.

I am happy that I live in a land where even people like the greatest Tech ever are free to post their insanities for the rest of us to enjoy

I'm thankful that my wife and 5 yr old are alive ( my wife almost died giving birth,and my boy was 3 weeks past due and would not eat and braeth on his own) I'm thankful for my other two kids as well and for everyone in my family.

I'm also thankful for the justice system ,My ex sister in law and her boyfriend will be behind bars this thanks giving for murdering my brother in front of his 4 year old son last may 13 th.

AGN----You're just jealous because I rake in more more money than you.

Now that thats out of the way. Let me meditate and rise above this petiness.

agn,

i have to agree with the greatest guy,,,,,he does make more than you........today...ha ha.....

i think i would rather be you, you hold the keys to your own destiny, a year from now the guy will be crying in his beer. ha ha.

I'm thankfull that Safelite, Triumph, and Glass Doctor all suck at what they do. Gives me more work than I can shake a stick at.

I am thankful for Christ so even those that think they are they BEST, have a means to the father.( but remember the first shall be last and the last shall be first). And I am thankful for family, and friends for without them it would be very lonely. I thank God for every day....AMEN, have a blessed & safe holiday one and all.

And to the greatest tech in the world, I hope they are paying you better than anyone anywhere, I hope you are one of their few doing proper quality work, and the more they pay you, the quicker they will go back to bankrupsty, because their agreements with ins co,s are a losing proposition. Good luck to you, you will need it! And may God bless you for being the best!

I am thankful for my wife,, and I thought her and I where the best techs on the planet! I agree with xxx on all the rest! AMEN. And to the sgc person who thinks he they are the best on the planet,,, I hope sgc pays you more than you are worth,,,, the sooner they will go broke!!!! Now that would be something to be thankful for! And GREAT for the auto glass industry!

I'm just wondering why doug@ags would include GlassDoctor with Safelite and Triumph??? GlassDoctor is made up of Independant Ma & Pa shops that have the same goals as every other independant glass shop on this site. Aren't we all looking to improve customer awareness that all Glass, Urethanes and TECHNICIANS are not the same. I have worked at GlassDoctor for almost 6 years and feel offended by what doug@ags said that he is Thankful for. I am Thankful that we live in a Country that gives us more choices than other any other in the world. I also am Thankful that I work for a company that believes in Safe Installations and that is fighting for us independant shops that know our installations include Fair pricing and installations that make our customers and their families feel safe in their vehicles. I read these posts daily and have posted some of my own, the most important thing is that we remember why we all come to this site. Lets all be Thankful for how we can make a difference in someones life by not being one of those chains where your customer is just a number and not a real person.

Judy,

I can't speak for Doug@AGS, but I know I have run into some pretty bad installations done by our area Glass Doctor franchisee. Its at least possible that Doug@AGS was talking on a local level, not a national one. Just thought I'd throw that out there for consideration. Hope you had a good Turkey day.

How safe can an install be when you doing it for dirt-cheap. Funny you bring it up. Yesterday my phone rang when I was driving. I pulled into a MacDonald’s to answer it. I pulled next to a guy who just was on his way back from getting a glass quote from glass doctor. I was wondering why he was walking around my truck, I opened my window and he finally told me what he needed. A price for a dw1341 installed, I told him around 350.

He looked at me like I was from mars. He also said they would do it for 150. I almost laughed in his face. I told him to go to them. The funny part is that this location has been closed Monday and Tuesday because they had no work. I guess they would like just to have the paperwork saying they did a job on that day.

As for quality, the glass doctor near me sucks. Example, How can you do 1500 worth of damage to a brand new truck? Yes, the good ol insurance company referral, Truck needed a cowl, dent on fender, and dent on hood repaired. And to boot they cut one of the stops completely off and never replaced it, so the windshield ended up sinking on one side.

If you own a glass doctor, sorry I offended you.
But you should be more offended about sending that franchise fee out. And by the way I am doing the job next week. Quality counts. Just gave him the phone number of the guy who’s truck they messed

Im also thankful I live in a country that has freedom of speech.

I would like to know what city the GlassDoctor is in.
We have the opposite because when we qoute a price we are like you in price, some people think our price is high, maybe this guys business doesnt belong in our company.

You guys, all of whom I'm grafeful for by the way. Please realize that this "greatest tech ever" guy has never posted here under that name, not that I recall anyway and I've been pretty regular everday for months now, so my friends "DON'T LET THE get to ya! He's probably not even someone who works for Safelite, I mean really doesn't everyone who post's here know a former Safelite installer, and come on have you ever really known one who "LIKED" their job? This guy is just trying to start some crap. Let's all take the high ground and IGNORE him, what do ya say?

I am thankful for the high ground. I too am thankful the freedoms we enjoy and for the men and women who are out there protecting those freedoms.

awww Louise...

I was only havin' a bit of fun with the guy!

You never let me have any fun!!

, now you know GlassLady and myself are usually the ones in here getting in trouble with you . You can blast that guy all you want to, I just didn't want to give him the pleasure of upsetting our little family here. It's been pretty peaceful lately. So how's business? Have you gotten alot of new accounts? Why don't you use my email address under my NAME and shoot me an email sometime, there we can more openly discuss things than here on the forum. GlassLady and myself communicate every day. Hope you had a great holiday, and that you have lots to be thankful for. Later OUT!

Re: Re: Post What You Are Thankfull For

I`M THANKFUL FOR NOT GETTING THE CHANCE TO WORK WITH THE [SAFELITE]MR. MONEY BAGS

Will do.

The greatest tech may have a point about getting paid better.After all he is getting paid with what should be your money.
I'm thankfull that i am no longer using a competitor to get me my work (2 yrs now).Yes,there is plenty of steering,but each case goes to our attorney generals office.Each and every one.
Before long the networks will see who will jump off a bridge for them,and when you do,one less glass shop for them to steer around.Seems this is already happening with even more discounts off of nags.Trick them and tie a bungie cord to yourselves.

I don't understand the immaturity here. All I did was post what I am thankfull for and I am accused of all kinds of things, including not working where I say, being an idiot, not loving my job, etc.

One thing I have noticed about a lot of the people who post here. Your ignorance is outstanding. The thing about it is that you rarely miss a chance to show it.

Go ahead and call me names. Go ahead and sling your mud. At the end of the day, I will sleep well knowing that I will wake up in the morning with as much work as I want to do, the best tools and training to do it with, and a feeling of satisfaction knowing that I am doing it right and for a not insignificant amount of money.

"One thing I have noticed about a lot of the people who post here. Your ignorance is outstanding. The thing about it is that you rarely miss a chance to show it."
You fit right in, then. Apparently the library is closing and you have to go to bed.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com