AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Real Men of Genius!!!!!!!!!

So, as i'm working on this rust bucket of a DW1256, I'm wondering who the MORON was that changed this thing beforehand..
So, the theme from the Bud Light commercial comes on the radio... REAL MEN OF GENIUS...

First I notice the name on the glass...(I don't know who installed it, but it did have SGC on it)

I pull the top moulding off and....!!!! The leg on the moulding had been cut off, revealing a 'gorilla' bead of 'thane..
I TRY to pull the side mouldings, only to find that they are STUCK in the aforementioned 'gorilla' bead of 'thane..
Alright, i finally get the sides off, and remove the glass. Now, here i see the classic 'rust line' where the last guy used the roof line of the pinch weld as a STRAIGHT EDGE to cut the old thane down.
Also, the set blocks had been broken and i assume discarded, because there were none!
Rust also along the side rails due to the gorilla bead of thane which blocked water drainage....
Needless to say this easy job turned into a nightmare which i had to fix and bring back to specs.
So, I'd like to buy this last installer a Bud Light and say:
HERE'S TO YOU, 'MR. I CAN INSTALL 15 WINDSHIELDS BEFORE LUNCH', AND PROUD OF IT!!.
CHORUS
CHORUS
CHORUS.
Real men of Genius!!!

Re: Real Men of Genius!!!!!!!!!

I SEE THIS ALMOST EVERY DAY HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING

I charge the customer 65 dollars to do that or they have the option of no warranty.

That is just the perfect song!! Thanks for the laughs and the wording.
On the other hand I feel for ya. What a nightmare job.

On the no warranty comment... If that customer wrecked his vehicle and the glass fell out and the guy gets hurt. Who is going to pay up in a lawsuit? If there is no warranty, does that make you not liable for damages?

To Crystal Clearglass -

We are not supposed to discuss pricing here, but I would like to say that $65.00 seems way to cheap to do that kind of work and then guarantee it. ( Just my opinion)

LOVE IT, LOVE IT: did you get pictures of all? Plus did the same person own it when last install was done, if so I believe I'd share those pic's with the owner. Then he can go attempt to be reimbursed for your service of returning the vehicle to SAFE preloss condition.

I think we can discuss what we charge for labor or services, just not what we pay for products. Instance you can tell what you charge for a w/s installation and labor is OK just don't tell what you paid for it or to whom it was paid. That would be price comparision. I think, or I could be totally wrong! Bryan will be back tomorrow, he'll set us straight.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com