AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SGC

Help Please. Use to get several jobs a week. None for the last two months. I called up there for help, and conveied my sistuation, and they said, " Every thing is fine, "Your in good standing". Has anyone experienced this. Is there a way to get more jobs.
What am I missing?

Re: SGC

Yep that Troi Miller(safelites talking head) they have thats in charge of shops/contracts etc basically says all is well ,

I guess he's wearing a corporate blindfold or the statement basically means that safelite is fine ,

Ron they take all them jobs for themselves now dude.

we do less than 10 a year now from that network and many of those are repeats that asked for us .

They do them all now, there is no free trade/market of the networks owned by SGC belie dat.

That is really odd I get about 10-20 safelite jobs a month (that i do not create) so i guess it just depends on where your at. And to qualify my situation, safelite has a dcc withing 10 miles of each of my shops.

Yeah, we get more from SGC now than we do from Lynx, especially since 11/02 when the O&A began. Most are from one specific insurance company that we did all the work for prior to them signing with SGC, we went from 25-30 per week to 5-10 per week most are repeat customers.....OUCH! As I always say thank God for flat glass or this ship would have sank last year had we been dependent on insurance jobs. Fact is AG is now responsible for less than 25% of all work performed, until Oct 2005 it was responsible for more like 70%, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with steering. Our business model is changing next year as we phase out auto glass for the most part, only going to do private pays and insureds who are willing to pay us upfront, and pay us at our price and not INS/NETWORK rates. We are getting more agressive marketing the flat glass, commercial and residential that is where the money is, the profit margin is so much better compared to AG. We should have made the change sooner, this year we had to lay off one tech and it will be our worst year since startup. We're confident next year will be a banner year as we change our business model to "PROFIT ONLY WORK", as you know AG used to fit that category, no longer the case.

We've had the same problem with Lynx. 4 jobs in the last 6 1/2 months . We have updated every thing and still nothing.

I guess now we can see who's on the networks.
The AGR business will not change until you say no.

People are scared to not go with who the network tells them to go to . If I dont offer to waive the GD deductible they will use who will .

if we actually score our own customer we still have to get shortpaid and when dealing with neon etc they get 20% of the GD ticket up front so no way to win there either.

I dont know what the answer is but going to court over 150 bucks all the time is not me either.

Just put on the check, not paid in full before you deposit it. Let the total build up till you think its enough. Take them to court and dont forget to charge them interest. Keep good notes.

neons charges are a cost of doing business, so we add the cost of processing onto the ticket. It doesn't make much sense to do the work for network price and then bill through neon.

our whole reason for using neon is that we charge what we need, when we are short paid, that is the job of neon to go after that money.

Could someone post a link to this 'Neon' company.....
hmmmm, i'm interested. Thanks

http://www.chooseneon.com/

Mark1, your feelings about the networks is pretty clear, so what do you think of NEON? Am I to understand that by using their service you have to give required discount, then pay NEON another 20% where's the advantage? I'm with TSi, I'm spread thin enough already. If I were to start billing above required rates (oh say "our" rates of cost +) then keeping up with all of the short pays, which would be every invoice I'm betting I'd be 'd. No Crap! Right now I don't a problem with shortpays, just profit

Go Louise,

Every time a discussion about Neon starts here it disappears, or so it seems. So my short answer is to call them.

I know nothing about the terms you quoted in your post, and personally wouldn't do any business with anyone that required that of a shop. I have done biz with them for very good reasons.

I would add that I think you said a mouth-full when you said you don't have a problem with short pays, just with profit, though. That's probably another string, (as is Neon) and one that will make Brian (or his boss) uncomfortable.

Do a forum search for neon - I think you'll find plenty of discussions.

The only thing that really makes me uncomfortable is ill fitting under garments.

Webmaster, here's hoping you have your comfortable Joe Boxer, boxer briefs on today.

My apologies Brian, let me rephrase:

"Seems like some discussions that disappeared might have been perceived to be touching on advertising, or possibly there were other reasons in the string that it had to be pulled."

How's that?

Mark1 - I'm just bustin your chops since its my first day back at work after the holiday. Had to jump in and get my feet wet.

If I remember correctly, the most recent Neon post that was pulled was because the author had suggested to the group that everyone needs to leave their current networks and sign up with Neon or something along those lines.

Besides, the Neon topic seems to be as cyclical as the earths unpredictable weather patterns have been throughout history.

They've gotten more mentions on this forum than Carter has liver pills. (I've always wanted to say that.)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com