AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I will say no

Post got removed I guess because ? Harmon will get big no from me for there discounts !!! I will fax a copy to you!

Re: I will say no

Wow another post bytes the dust.

Hey everybody look around
What's that sound?

what?Is Harmon trying to increase revenue by forcing shops to accept less????? Try posting again being careful to choose wiser wording that won't make someone too nervous???? "Everybody, stop hey what's that sound, everybody look what's going down", Buffalo Springfield!

Rick, just express your own opinion, and stop short of encouraging others to follow you to do anything about pricing, buying or not buying, being a member or not of any network and such forth. That should keep the webmaster happy.

The pricing issue, not being able to discuss price, makes little sense when our prices are all public information, what we quote publicly, what we all receive in our fax ect ect.... so the only worry the webmaster should have there is the same ones as above. The pricing problem should only come in when more than one person gets together to discuss SETTING prices, dividing territories, ect, anything that would diminish or limit competition. Polling others and making your own business decision is no different that one grocer walking another grocer's ailes with a note pad then going back to his own store and seeing how his prices compare. But if those two grocers sit down and agree to fix, set, control prices in any way...that's the problem.

So, express your opinion, and allow others to make their own decision. That should take care of the concerns. I think they are being overly careful, but, that's their choice, it's their board.

Mark1: I agreee, how can a we take a stand when we are not allowed to even talk about the very thing that is the problem ,PRICING. We all need to "JUST SAY NO"

my argument on price is simple. The insurance companies set price, tell us what they are going to pay across the board. why can't we establish a fixed price schedule and bill the same across the board. See our industrys biggest problem is the insurance companies are united but we are not.

glass pro,

one size fits all pricing is exactly what the insurance companies want, ever wonder what happened to the farms d and e pricing?

they have a small advatage aforded them by the govt, it is called a anti-trust exemption, which allows them to do what would normally be illegal.

having shown their true colors to their own supporters in congress, it could be just a matter of time before they do not possess that any longer. write those representatives and ask them to pull the anti trust exemption. that would allow the insurance companies to play on the same playing field the rest of us do.

Very wise words Ralph! For what it's worth I've written everyone in our state's government...legislator, senator, insurance commissioner, attorney general and the darn govenor. Sent proof of steering and examples of how insurance companies pay differently when you bill them direct, as opposed to through networks. Never even got a courtesy response, and since the ins commissioner, attorney general and the govenor were all just re-elected, oh well.

i am talking about a couple house of representative members, and a senator. i don't recall the names, but they are from the hurricane area, there is a post with the senators name. in the past he supported "tort" reform, although after the treatment he recieved on his demolished house, he is leading the charge to have the anti-trust exemption revoked.

i am sure he could use a few words of encouragement to help him keep his resolve, and not allow his "new" opinion to be swayed. Now that he has personal involvement with the insurer's and his change of heart, he needs to know that he has support from all areas of the country.

Sorry folks I know I get political too often, but I'm passionate. I'd like to point out that that senator is a Republican (I thought it was Trent Lott), who was on the side of big business and big industry.......untill it was his ass that got biten!

louise,,

what do you think of this, regarding Senator Lott?
hope he don't loose his resolve.

http://enews.insmail.org/article.asp?n=1&id=71902

Has anyone ever gotten a job from a poor person? People with money, i.e., big business, employee almost everybody. Sorry.

glassgod, i guess i am missing your point. this is not a rich vs. poor issue.

this is a link saying that the prop and caus people are not so comfortable knowing that there is a movement afoot to revoke their anti-trust status.

i know better than to think that you like the way the insurance companies are making money at our expense.

on the other hand if you think i am giddy over Lott having a taste of what normal people have to go through with his destroyed house, you may have a point. he does have one advantage, he has a good lawyer to fight his case, better than what we would have.

i am one who thinks all memeber's of the house and senate need to be subject to the same rules we all play by,including social security, instead of having their own golden parachute retirement plan.

I agee with that, but they make the/their own rules, and we will always be subjected thus.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com