AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mobile Charge

It has been a while since we talked about charging for Mobile. Has anyone gone ahead and implemented it and have you collected from the insurance companies?

Re: Mobile Charge

I havn't been able to get Ins. Co. to go along. Do get cash customers to pay an additional $45.00 for mobile service.

We've charged a mobile fee for just over a year but still can not get the TPA's or the insurance co's to pay. We also charge a disposal fee on all installations and it all seems to work good.We even charge a shop supplies fees. I would give amounts but we're not allowed to discuss prices on here.

Irony, PPG charges you a delivery fee but the network they own will not let you pass the cost on. I wonder if they are charging those dealrships they are trying to take away from you a delivery charge?

I say keep supporting PPG they are our friend!

SGlass,

What kind of an area are you in?

I don't think a mobile charge would fly in my market unless the big boys (i.e. Diamond, Guardian and SGC) started doing it as well. We have quite a few mobile only guys (in fact SGC is mobile only). Everybody here prices cost+...I see very little NAGS pricing at all unless its a very small mom & pop out in the boonies.

I am located on LI in NY.
If I can't talk people in I explain how much extra care is required for a mobile install. $45.00 helps defray the extra time required. I always try to get into shop but some people won't budge on mobile.

If weather is ok & they pay we will do it.
If weather is not ok or no pay we don't play.

when i give a quote i figure what i need for that job including everything, i don't itemize. it is all part of the quote.also i am mobile only

Thats how I do it bqa.

Its all a package deal. If I'm not happy with what I'm going to make on a job I don't do it. Though being mobile only makes it easier to take less when the situation calls for it.

AGN get out of "well I can always do it for less mode." Give a price & stand by it. I can always do it for less mode leads to your profit erosion and down the road bamkrupsy.

We drove over 100 miles one way to get to two pieces of equipment the other day, and when we got there, both were gone.

The customer apologized, that they had to put them to work at the last second, and told me they would be paying us two trip charges.

I like getting paid to sit on my backside. Two of us actually.

The funny part is, the company ordering the work charges more than we do for their 'mobile' fees.
Per hour and per mile both is how they do it. THey charge for/by the miles on the vehicle and for the time/hours the techs are sitting during the trip.

I know a service company in a major city that charges $550 just for a trip charge to go 250 miles with one man. Their charges for local after hours emergency work on site are $300, during normal hours, $250. Normal service calls are $175.

It's the glass industry...on the flat side.

SB - I like your cynical remark at the end of your post I am suprised that I did not see it sooner... High Five Bro I agree...

I'm learning SGlass!

I don't intend to ever be a lowballer.

We have been able to charge mobile fees the last 7 months for cash customers, both repair and replacement. We have yet to get any insurance company to pay, and rarely charge and insurance customer a mobile repair fee, as most insurance companies still pay decent for repairs.

AGN, & bqa....Do you mean you "quote" without itemizing or do you actually invoice without itemizing? If so you ar losing tax free income, well I guess it depends on your state, labor and services are not taxable in our state only merchandise. So labor, disposal and mobile/location fees would all be tax free.

Louise,

Same way in our state. Only merchandise is taxable. The invoice I give the customer includes the necessary taxes. I'd like to itemize the bill, but I just don't like somebody knowing how much I make on a job.

do you mean income tax or sales tax? we don't have a state income tax here and labor here is sales taxable if it moves so labor on vehicles we collect sales tax on house glass we don't. but i don't do house glass.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com