AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NGA Agreement

I've been trying to figure out what organizations I MUST join. Which one's are worth our money to invest it. I found this interesting. This is what the NGA website says about pricing if want to join them:

"By joining NGA, your company agrees to abide by NGA's Code of Ethics."

Here's one of their Codes for ya:

"To maintain a safe work area which provides adequate inventories of glass products and to sell these products at a fair and non-discriminating price "

Let's hear it people.....

Re: NGA Agreement

I think the NGA is good for the flat glass companies. But unfortunately there have chosen to do nothing when it comes to the auto glass industry biggest issues.

I looked into joining a lot of these organizations. I'm certifiable in all of them, but I'm just not going to throw away $300.00 + dollars into something that has little or no benefit for me. My money is better spent elsewhere right now.

agn instead of joinging NGA if you joined grown men that collect pink rc cars group , you would be in better hands than with that NGA idiots...

Hey, AGN, I'm certifiable too! Some of the best psychiatrists have tried, and failed, to help me!

Mabey we should start a club, and charge dues?

How about CAGG: Certifiable Association of Glass Gang"

No, wait, CAGG is taken......

I have always wanted one of those stickers to put on my store's front window... one for each van. I like stickers. People would think I was official or something.

I'm certifiable on multiple levels!! Never thought of it that way!!

We'll call it the X-Ternal Order of Glass!!

We exist outside (hence the x-ternal part) of all the TPA, Networks, Big gorillas, Insurance co and other glass associations.

We'll be like the Robin Hoods of glass...steal from the richer and give to thy selves!

<~~~ Hey...I've even got my mask on!

NGA is the only one i belong to and it is simply for the discounts on certification, it makes it about half price i believe, that is the main advantage of NGA you have to go to a testing center to get certified so you do have to have some knowledge and i don't see anyway to cheat it.

BQA did you know there is like only 300 some odd registered NGA techs? I have 15 of them, who has the other 285 ? I like the NGA .. see my post for what I think as this one will most likely get cencored..

Bachman where did you get that number of 300? NGA site lists 1089 locations with NGA certified techs, and over 200(give or take a few I lost count) Master techs alone.

As much as I often disagree with the NGA on their technician audits and logo enforcement (or lack thereof), I do think the NGA certifications are still worth something to the consumer, the glass company owner, and the technician in most cases.

I must have been drunk I guess, somone else called me last nite and asked me that. Apparently the information i got was not accurate. I thought the info was spoke by the current NGA pres... but i must have had one too many cocktails the nite i heard that.. Sorry for the mistake, and next time i will ease drop a little better :)

No biggie LarryD. Just thought maybe I had bad info on my side. Try to be as accurate as I am capable of being.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com