AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How many Memberships

Just wanted a quick pole as to how many Memberships there are out there for the Glass Industry now.
What do you pay monthly or yearly?

Re: How many Memberships

Depends on how many networks you belong to.

no, wait...seriously.......

That's the confusing part of it all. Which ones are the ones you should shell your hard earned money to? Which ones are really worth it? What are the benefits? SO we can tell Metrix or the Insurance companies "Look who we are a member of. We must be a Great company to use. You can keep lowering our invoices and we'll keep paying our dues to look good." FOR WHAT?

Looking at all these membership that I WOULD LOVE to be a part of would cost thousands of dollars a year. Which ones are really worth it?

You have to ask the question, What has the NGA, IGA or any glass association done for your business. Not to many responses have ever been put forth about this.
OK, people what has a glass assocation done for you??

Local Glass Assoc. has gotten me out of my closed circle of business. Got me to talk to other people in the same boat. We can exchange ideas, talk shop, find new information and help each other from time cope with the industry injustices.

Nothing from any national Assoc.

Sglass how did you find your local people or did they find you?

I'd love to start a local glass association around here...for some reason I just think it would be difficult to do.

, just log onto IGA website there is information there that will help you to start a local chapter of IGA. If we were going to join one it would be the IGA, because they are commited to independents. Last time I checked in they were still trying to get enough shops with documentation of steering, and short pays, etc., etc., to be able to file another suit against SGC. Now to form an independent association you should probably seek legal advise, but I wouldn't pay for that until you have enough shops to form the association, then all shops can contribute to the legal fees involved. I know Sglass is a member of the Long Island association, but I don't know if they are an IGA chapter or an independent association. But I'll betcha he'd be willing to share info with you.

LIGA is a local Assoc.
We have hosted meetings with IGA Reps.
In the long ago past with LYNX.
It is TOUGH to get AGR people to a meeting.

We held meeting Re: Safe w/s installations.
We held meetings Re: trying to get safe w/s installations passed.
We keep trying

I'd love to have something like that around here, but I just can't see most of the guys I know coming. We have a pretty rough crowd around here. We talk to each other when we run into each other at a distributor, but mostly everyone is pretty guarded. Its a shame because I'm sure a lot of good things could be accomplished.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com