AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Put Teeth in the AGRSS Bite

What if AGRSS set up a hot line for AGRSS Registered AGR shops to help them adhere to AGRSS standards?
Scenario:
When a AGR shop gets a w/s replacement call from a TDA requesting mobile service for the client and the weather is non compliant to AGRSS standards and the shop says “sorry we can’t handle that mobile today.”
The TPA’s CSR then states “OK thank you but the insured wants mobile service today and if we can’t find someone we will call you back.”
The AGR shop gets the CSR’s name and immediately calls the hot line. The AGR shop can then conference call the TPA and an AGRSS Rep.
The AGRSS Rep. and shop can explain how the TPA is promoting unsafe mobile windshield installations.
They can point out according to AGRSS standards a safe installation is not possible on this particular day and as a AGRSS registered shop they can’t agree to do the replacement and maintain AGRSS credibility.
The whole affair can be documented.
This information can be assimilated and DISTRIBUTED to Ins. Agents and Ins. Companies.
AGRSS and the AGR shops can unite and become a force for TPAs and Ins. Co. to reckon with. AGRSS can deal from a point of strength.

Re: Put Teeth in the AGRSS Bite

As good as an ideas as that is, they'd have to have 100 people in a call center to take every conference call relating to a non-compliant install.

Boy, it's really hard to try add to this without someone saying it sounds negative.

(remembering what happened last time......)

I'm going to consider my choice of words first. And use of smileys.

sglas:

maybe before you say no we cant do it, you could say.
wow!! with the weather like it is today that would create an unsafe installation. you could state the reasons why.

then the pay off.

throw the network under the bus. i would have thought they would teach you claims represenatives that.
we could schedule an in shop instalation today

Yes we do that now but sometimes the answer is just no we want mobile today

Why not send a couple of AGRSS leaders to a busy shop for a week and let them record phone calls and responses of the TPA when they are advised not to reccomend mobile service because of inclement weather.

AGRSS stands for (Auto Glass Repair Safety Standards) Now that some insurance companies have required shops to be AGRSS members. AGRSS neeeds to add another function to thier mission. AGRSS could also stand for Auto Glass STEERING Standards. They could also record steering phone calls when recording saftey phone calls.

Afterall Lynx added programs like Metryx and Prostars to help thier own cause. Now that the insurance companies and TPA's are behind AGRSS, throw in some new programs to really help the glass shops.....

Maybe they (AGRSS) should have freedom to just show up at the call centers of these TPA's and be able to listen to the tapes or the current conversations they have with the insureds.

I was not aware that ANY insurance company REQUIRES AGRSS membership. Some do require you to follow the STANDARD, but not be a member. This is for many reasons, but mostly because this requirement would KILL policyholders. There are simply not enough AGRSS members, let alone AGRSS compliant companies to cover all America at this time. Policyholders at this time, would have to drive 100 miles in some areas to find an AGRSS compliant member. I think this is still the MAIN reason some ins. co. have not required AGRSS membership.

But that day will come. And I think the day will come when you MUST be an AGRSS member, and a COMPLIANT member as well to do any work for certain insurance companies.

Then the question will be, do you have to do the job for the same price as the "non" AGRSS companies??

Time will tell.

I am out for the weekend. Have a great one everyone, and GO MICHIGAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGRSS is a good concept, I am a charter supporter and I will continue to support them. It is just like converting savages to a relegion it is going to take time. I bet there is more AGRSS registed shops than there is NGA Certified techs TOTAL...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com