AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Equalizer Express 360

Are any of you using this tool yet?

I ordered a regular Express tool and they sent me a 360. The tool seems really heavy to me and seems to be bigger then the Express I'm used to using.

Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this.

Re: Equalizer Express 360

is it 110v or battery powered?

110V

I've used both the battery powered and electric in the past and the 360 seems heavier and bigger then both. I guess I shouldn't argue with more features for the same price, but it just seems so bulky.

i looked into the 360 but it cost more, and i didn't think the price justified the enhancement, but if you gotit for the regular price great, or sell it on ebay and maybe make a profit.

I haven't seen one of these yet. Most shops in this area have only been using the express for a year or two. Most said it cost to much, but once they tried it they liked it.

I really like the express. Its a great tool for removing and can really save time on encapsulated glass. Works good on the bottom of the glass too...no cutting the dash with the long knife.

I suppose I'll get used to the 360 just like I got used to the battery powered one after using the standard electric for so long.

Anybody use the pneumatic version??? I've been considering buying one cuz my BTB is getting pretty tired and the air version is quite a bit cheaper. Also, I'm already set up for air. Not to mention that the air version looks quite a bit smaller than the electrics.

i used a pnuematic extractor for years, same as express basically, it worked good but i am mobile and didn't like dragging air hoses through the dirt and into customers cars.

Long knife the bottom???? Haven't done that in years!!! All equilizer on the bottom..... oh well. I do like the new express though. Tried it once from one of my dist. At my age I think it's time to get one. I won't throw out the fien for tops and sides with EQ bottom though. There are always times when certain tools work better,,, once in a great while I pull out the old cold knife!!!!!I use my long knife for res,,, ig's mostly!

I was taught by an old gaffer, so I pull out the long knife and come across the bottom every now and then to honor him.

99.5% of the time I rev up the Express and use it on the bottom. Only time I really long knife the bottom is if it is a gravy job and it would take more time to get the express out of the truck then it would to get the window out with the long knife.

Fein knife on the top and sides? Sounds like a lot of work to me. The only thing use a Fein for is cutting away tempered parts...and I have found that the Express can actually be used there to.

My Fein tool collects dust since I purchased the Express. I could kick myself for not purchasing it sooner. The Express has added years to my life. It's also kind of nice having Equalizer just up the road when something goes wrong.

goin' broke

Have your BTB repaired it will be as good as new. They will offer to upgrade it for you.
888-483-0708-ask for Ron.

This is NOT a solicitation

I must be lazy i fein knife out everything. ( well alot od stuff) I did a 943 not long ago with a fein knife call me lazy but when i am 80 i will still have my arms in tact :)

I find the Express easier to use then the Fein. I guess its just what your used to.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com