AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SGC SALES REPS HAVE INFO FOR YOUR AGENTS

GOOD MORNING.... OR IS IT?
OUR SALESPERSON WAS INFORMED THE OTHER DAY BY ONE OF OUR AGENTS THAT A SGC REP HAD STOPPED IN THE OFFICE,IN HIS HAND WAS THE AGENT REPORT FOR 1 YEAR.
IT READ AS FOLLOWS:

REPORT TYPE; AGENT SUMMARY REPORT
COMPANY: _________INSURANCE
TIME PERIOD: ROLLING 12
CLAIM REGION:-------
CLAIM BRANCH;------

AGENT ID __________
TOTAL COUNT 86
SAFELITE 30%
NETWORK 44%
NON NETWORK 26%
SGC/NET 74%
SGC REP% 46%
SAVINGS POTENTIAL $2105

AS I READ THIS REPORT, 86 JOBS FOR THE AGENT. OF THE 86 JOBS, SAFELITE DID 30%, THE NETWORK DID 44 %, AND NON NETWORK WAS LISTED AS 26%, REPAIRS DONE WERE AT 46%,THE SGC NET IS SGC + NET =74%. THE REP IS TELLING THE AGENT THEY LOST A SAVINGS OF $2105.00
BY NOT USING SAFELITE GLASS FOR REPLACEMENT. WHERE DOES THIS FIGURE COME FROM? MY PROBLEM IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN, WHY SHOULD THEIR REPS BE PRIVY TO THIS INFORMATION? AS YOU KNOW, IT GOES ACROSS THE BOARD FOR EVERY INSURANCE COMPANY.WHY DOESN"T THE AGRR DO AN ARTICLE ON THE INFORMATION SGC GIVES OUT TO ONLY THEIR SALES REPS?

ALL RIGHT, I DONE VENTING..... HAVE A GREAT DAY!
LETS GET OUT THERE AND REPLACE SOME GLASS.

Re: SGC SALES REPS HAVE INFO FOR YOUR AGENTS

Many of us have known about these reports. Many agents share them with us as well. This is why we educate the agents and regional glass managers to QUESTION these reports, to ask SGC reps where they get the numbers, and to call us to verify any "costing" that relates to our shop(s) directly.
We teach them to not blindly trust a sales rep who many times has every incentive ($) to get you to use his products and little incentive to explain all the facts. His job is to tell you exactly what you want to hear, that you are saving money using his company or his products and services, not to tell you anything good about his competitors or their products and service.

Believe it or not, the smart ones do call us. Then we remind them that SGC is comparing apples to oranges in these reports (by basing a report on generic brands of glass vs. the OE branded parts). We explain them the differences in the OE or OEM glass vs. SGC or other generic brands of glass and then invite them to a state CE class. Those always make a HUGE impression on agents.

We then remind them that SGC glass is what we call a generic brand of glass. Those generic brands do have a place in the market. However, policyholders should have the right to be aware of the differences in quality, fit, and price and the right to be informed when generic brands of parts are to be used. Policyholders and agents are aware that the ins. co. sets it "own" price, so why would they want a generic branded part for the same price they could get the OE branded part? Unless the vehicle has ONLY liability coverage, or the vehicle eats windshields from the considerable mileage driven, there is generally no reason to pay the same price for the generic part as they would for the OE part.

This allows the agent and the policyholder to make the decision that works best for their purposes. Or in the least, it educates them to THINK before they shop ONLY for PRICE.

JJ- one thing you can do as well, if you have the available software, is compile your own report. We have found taking a type of "repair savings" report to agents also is helpful. We argue that although SGC glass may be cheaper than the OE we use, are repair vs. replacement ratio will save them a considerable amount over SGC, as we repair 3 times as many windshields as SGC can or will. Over the long haul, the "repair first" option (which most agents are very aware we back up, not just "say") will save them a lot. And when we call and say "it must be replaced" they can have complete confidence that there is no way to repair the windshield effectively.

Just some ideas.

CCC, THANK YOU FOR A GREAT POST. I HAVE READ YOUR POSTS IN THE PAST, AND APPRECIATE THE INSIGHTFUL REPLIES. I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE REPORTS FOR SEVERAL YEARS, NEVER REALLY CARED ABOUT IT, BECAUSE MY CUSTOMER DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO IT. MY MAIN CONCERN IS THAT I FEEL THAT SGC THE NETWORK SHOULD NOT GIVE OUT THE TOTAL JOBS AND NON NETWORK JOBS INFORMATION. WE ALL KNOW THAT THEY PUSH THE AGENTS ALMOST TO THE POINT OF BEING THREATEN.

I am not sure there is much you can actually do to stop that practice.

Although I seem to come across many times as "complaining" about other companies or what others do, it is my job here to know, understand the motivation, and develop strategies to combat them. Because of this I "air" things I hear and read to many of you to get other perspectives and check if others are seeing certain things in their areas of the country as well.

Complaining gets you nowhere, venting can get you some short-term relief, but understanding your competition enabling you to forming a long-term strategy that emphasises your strengths and your competitions weaknesses pays off more than anything.

JJ

How does the rep even know what the 26% of non-network jobs cost the insurance company. I think they are using WAG (wildassguess) to make there own try to look good.

WAG,,, now thats a good one!!!!

OMG
THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT. GUESS GUESS GUESS BUT PUT THE NUMBERS ON SAFELITE GLASS PAPER AND MAKE IT LOOK HALFWAY OFFICIAL.

I have always called it a SWAG (SCIENTIFIC wild ass guess)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com