AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
duncan systems

any input? kinda semmed to me like just another safelite. they tried to get me to bill them for a gmac job. my customer got ****** at them and payed me cod. said he would get reimbursed.

Re: duncan systems

Ever since they tried the State Farm deal for the conversion and motor home glass we continue to refuse to do ANY business with them. They make the $$ on the glass and give us a bag of peanuts to put it in. NOT!!!
Anyone know if they are still doing that? (been quite a few years) We refused from the beginning and were still able to bypass them in doing the job.

I called them last week for a price on a glass for a camper shell, finally had to call them back yesterday to follow up myself. They quoted me a price that was totally ridiculous and seemed to be upset when I told them it was not going to be insurance. Do you have an alternate source?

Try this place. They have pretty good prices.
http://www.parkin-acc.com/

The bad thing about it is, if they screw up and stick you with the wrong part they always blame you for it..

Thanks GlassWoman! I had completely forgotten about Parkin!!

For motor home shields we install for Duncan, they supply the glass, we charge 'em 200.00 per side or 350.00 for full shield. They send glue and everything needed. We broke one a couple weeks ago screwing in the side molding into the glass and they sent us one two days later at no charge. Of course they had to, but they didn't say a word, just okay you'll get another one soon. They DO try to get ya to accept a low labor rate but when we just tell 'em here is our charge they always agree. Just make sure ya get a FAX with the correct charges on it.

What GLASSGOD said, ditto..ditto, all of our experiences with them have been the same. Just stand firm on your labor rate because that is all you are making, as they supply and bill LYNX for the glass and your labor. They have always paid within 14-21 days of install, no problems there. They also have some good CSR's, the ones I've dealt with have always been very knowledgable & helpful!

DCM is also a very good source. Our first call is to Parkin since their service has been awesome. DCM seems to have better inventory on some items.
http://www.dcmco.com/

Just curious, why would you let Duncan or any TPA send you the windshield. Tell Duncan you have your own glass,give them a price and the day the job is complete, fax the bill to them and call and ask for a credit card over the phone.

I have done this for years per the advice of the FARM!

omg thats what i did tell thme i had glass and quoted them a price they told my customer they were going to bill gmac for over 1,200.00 after i quoted them 720.00 i had allready qoted my customer the same price, he got ****** at them and paid me the 720.00 then submitted the bill to gmac

I can not even think of one motorhome windshield that I would install for $720.00.............$1200.00 is pretty much the going rate.

Remember you have glass cost plus a markup,boxing ,frieght,labor,glues,moldings,time involved to get the correct glass(sometimes a visit pre-job)usually two men to install, there is good money in motorehome windshields. Do not leave your on the table for others to take!

We always deal with Coach too. The people and the help are just great, and always have been.

never tried Parkin. Have to check them out for some of the more odd parts like toppers. Most we jsut do the pattern and custom temper the parts.

Always looking for a better sourse for curved tempered parts for those toppers, there are more and more showing up on new pickup toppers all the time.

Owner, since we do not have a warehouse full of motor home w/s's and Duncan will send 'em to us and resend 'em if they are damaged by us or in transit we have no problem installing a 30 minute part for $200.00 or $350.00. As far as liability, we know how to perform installations that take the worry out of the equation, apparently your co. does not or you wouldn't keep insulting me.

omg i find it hard to charge for frieght my shop is less than 2 miles from coacj glass

Do not charge frieght if your that close!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com