AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
direct billing

Is there a way to direct bill insurance comapanies? My advertising is for the insuer to call us first and then we make the claim for them, so do I have to go through Lynx? My plan is to have my c.s.r on the line with the customer, has anyone elsed tried this?

Re: direct billing

Help me to understand something here!!! Why in the world would you advertise a service ( "My advertising is for the insuer to call us first and then we make the claim for them") and not know a thing about it????
I just don't get it.

Well I guess that was why I was asking the question. I have not opened for business yet and was looking for feedback.

Nobody knows how to direct bill an insurance company this is about the 15th thread with the same question so theres never going to be an answer.

Focus on commercial accounts and cash work. Insurance work will come later...if you decide you want to deal with all the crap involved in it.

Thats my business plan and thats what I have learned from a lot of people on this forum.

Hey AGN thanks for the advice The biggest promblem in florida is that we are a non deductible state,so all the commerical accounts are insurance accounts and the cash jobs are usually some piece of crap that has been sitting out in the dunes for god only knows how long. So its networks or bust

I hear ya. Guess your stuck. I am in Virginia and we have deductibles out the yang!

From what I have heard- Join the IGA, they have some secret to direct billing information that you can only get if you are a member. It may be Neon or something...I am not sure. I just remember hearing that last year during one of their meetings they helped put on when attempting to help for a local association. I dont' know if Florida has it's own Glass Association. You should check into it.
Pretty much, it's hard to direct bill some of the big insurance companies.

Only way I've found is through local agents directly, then they forward the invoices. Deal is you can only get away with this on occasion under "special circumstances" like comp claims that require work other than the w/s, or when you just explain to agent that the job cannot be done at network prices (by your shop), and the insured is requesting your shop. They will balk, but they will pay also.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com