AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Things still aren't rosy at Gerber.....

And yet another release that isn't for distribution in the US. (?)

Mabey these are some of Hal's happy shops?

Attention Business/Financial Editors:
Boyd Group Income Fund reports 2006 third quarter results

/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN
THE UNITED STATES./

WINNIPEG, Nov. 9 /CNW/ - Boyd Group Income Fund (TSX: BYD.UN) ("the
Fund") today reported its financial results for the three and nine-month
periods ended September 30, 2006.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/November2006/09/c2830.html

Re: Things still aren't rosy at Gerber.....

Who knows? some companies do not want to show a profit. And I would agree with them that sales are softer this year.. Friggin election years always are like this.

Ya, that must be it.

I'm sure the press release a few months ago, that said they expected to lose millions after the Farm put out their new collision program in the four pilot states that Gerber has 49% of their shops in was just a coincidence.

And it's just a coincidence that things got worse when the program went national.

And it's just a another coincidence that they quit paying the stockholders on the Boyd Income Fund, which is just about worthless. (or was, last time I checked)

Right.

I do not know anything about the collision side of the business, Is that gerbers primary source of income.

mark,

when you made me aware of the gerber article forecasting the loss after state farm's new contract came out i should have bought the stock and sold shorts. darn,,,missed the boat again.

one of these days i will act on this information and make some money.

i still don't see how they can spin this in a positive direction, as i recall, they said after intial losses it would turn around, unless they are the only ones left standing at some point?

LOL LOL Excellent point Ralph!

I am still kicking myself for not buying Allstate years ago when I could have at $11.00. I thought they were on the way out, and lo and behold, the glass industry helped bail them out, and reach a high of $70 at one point as I recall. lol lol At least I would have had the satisfaction of knowing that while the glass rates tanked, my stock was soaring. (ya, I know it wasn't just due to glass prices that the stock did well)

To Boyd, the Income Fund was tanking at the last release also, so it wouldn't have mattered.

One must wonder lately where the profits in Prop and Cas insurance are going, in that while investors are seeing payoffs, it's not nearly the same percentage or enough to match the profits. But that's just another conspiracy theory....lol

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com