AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CINTAS Uniforms

Does anyone have any experience with CINTAS Uniform rental? Or any kind of uniform rental for that matter. How much does it cost?

Re: CINTAS Uniforms

http://www.cintas.com/

D'oh!

When in doubt use Yahoo.

D'oh!

I think these uniform places really depend on what guy is your dood for uniforms. Personally i think it is much easier to just search uniform pants & Shirts online and own and wash your own clothes... IMHO its a waste of money and if its a 1 man show they might tell you no.

Hey webmaster mabey you can lend AGN your haloween costume as a outfit :)

AGN, whoever said they won't service you as a one man shop is probably right. But they will ouright sell you the uniforms, with your logo patches or certification patches. Then you launder them and save ton's o' money.

Yeah,

These uniform companies have a way of "loosing" uniforms which then they blame on you, when i worked at Binswanger they used so much startch and horrible cleaners it well lets just said made parts of me break out including my neck OUCH!

I'm a one man show.I have had no problems getting uniforms.In fact i only rent from nov.1st-april 1st.Long sleeve shirts that is.The rest of the time it's polo shirts that i bought elsewhere.

What kinda price do they charge AND SINCE ITS NOT GLASS prices i suppose the webnazi er master will not censor it :)

$42.00 per month. 11 shirts.

AGN, Spend your company money wisely.
Ask yourself, do I really need this expense. The most crucial years in business are the first, third and seventh years.
Get yourself sojme nice work clothes and clean them yourself.
Put your money back into the business.

my wife just bought me three pair of dickie pants for 13 bucks each
i have a silk screen place that does t shirts
they also (embroider thats miss spelled im sure) my hats colar shirts and jacketts. be ready for all the guys at your accounts to tell tou they will be happy to wear your shirts if youll give em one

The problem wth any uniform company (we had Cintas) is that the sales person promises the world. As you know urethane impossible to get off. Though they told us they would get it off or replace them the reality is totally different.

We had a few guys that were slobs and kept getting urethane on the uniforms. After they replaced on or two shirts they decide that was enough.

The problem lie in there iron clad contracts and there willingness to take you to court. In the end we bought out our contract and went with T shirts and sweat shirts. That way when they get dirty we just replace them.

I appreciate the expense advice. I am definitley trying to keep spending under control, only buying what I need. I am trying to find an affordable way to outfit myself. I have had CINTAS uniforms before and thought it might be a way to go, but as someone said urethane is impossible to get off. I mainly want to look professional as I am going to be both salesman and technician.

If Superman can do it in a phone booth, you can do it in the back of your van or in the "can" at a gas station. You don't want someone else buying your clothes, buy your own, keep 'em clean, you take control, don't let anyone else "share" your profits..

Don't bother for forty two dollars a month you could have t shirts made and give them to your customers

There is a installer in the SF Valley. Wholey shirt & pants truck is dirty. He is the most sought after installer around. It's nice to look good but it's what you know that really counts.

Lee,

There is a guy like that around here too. He's one of my original teachers. I wouldn't say he looks dirty, but he definitley doesn't dress up. Yet he is successful. I'd like to find a happy medium. I'm gonna buy some affordable t-shirts and sweatshirts.

The money may seem like alot.It's just over a dollar a day.When i do do get urethane on it (in bulk) they replace it at no charge to me.Now when you get urethane on your own shirt,you have to buy another one.Chances are you will have to buy them in bulk again ( i have not run across a screen printer that will do only one shirt at a time.with-out it costing more).
Besides it's 11 less things for my wife to wash and iron.

Ditto on the wife washing stuff VT.

She beeyotches a lot about urethane on my clothes! Especialy if its not a "work" shirt!

Vt, how the heck did you get that service without a contract, or did they allow you to do a contract for only 4 months out of the year, and only one man too? Surely that wasn't Cinta's or AraMark? Here's where to find the deal , go to SAM'S CLUB 100% cotton T's nice two color, solid with darker and or different color neck bands, and arm bands these are something like $2.79/$3.29 each, long sleeve slightly more. Buy about 30, mix em up long sleeve and short, then drop them off at a local screener with your artwork, we recently had 30 done for under $100.00 (first time w/this co, had to set up artwork, next time it'll be around $65 for 30). You are not going to find anywhere to buy the shirts with artwork for less. We had smaller name only on front left upper chest, then large Name, Logo and phone numbers on back, came out to $5.89 per shirt with artwork...not bad. Plus they look great!

Thats an awesome idea Louise. I need to find an affordable way to do it for certain.

Go louise;
Not sure why i can do it this way.I don't even do their glass work.Maybe the driver/salesman feels sorry for this retched soul.I have been using unifirst for 26 yrs now (15 on my own).

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com