AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O' BOY GENEROUS OFFER

Did everyone receive their letter/fax regarding the very generous new Fleet/Commercial opportunity Safelite will be offering member shops? (I know, I know we're our own enemy we all have our opnions and reasons for staying..back me up Sglass)
32% Off Nags, $35. per NLH, Kit $22..

Re: O' BOY GENEROUS OFFER

I received my letter from SGC too. I wish they sent me your letter Go Louise. My letter says 42% off NAGS 35.- an Hr. & 22.- per kit.
It’s and I quote “an exciting new program”. For them I’m sure. Pardon me for not breaking out the Champagne & Caviar.
I would love to know how much SGC is charging and making off my work.
I believe they are a public Co. Does the freedom of information act apply here in any way?
Yes at this point in time we do the work for them or only get peanut butter on our stale bread because we can’t afford the jelly.

Not public since the bankruptcy, Sglass.

THey are currently owned/held by a large group of Chase banks. Their main creditors, basically, as I read it.

Sorry Go Louise. I was told you can't compare pricing here. Thats a really touchy area.

Does this mean we can't say what companies are paying us? I don't know if thats compairing thats just stateing what we get. But if you say we can't Brian I will abide by your descision

I don't know. I get my directives from a more knowledgeable source. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to this subject. Discussion of pricing is a touchy area. That's the extent of what I know about it. Though your intent may be harmless I assume price comparison could be misconstrued as something else and I've learned in recent weeks that this forum is watched a lot closer than I had originally imagined.

I used to think that the people saying things like that were paranoid webmaster, guess not huh?

Yeah - I never realized that we'd grow from our humble beginnings into what we are today. I don't have access to exact numbers but my guess is that the ratio of those who just read vs. those who read and post is better than 20 to 1 and I think that is probably a really conservative estimate.

All pricing through TPA's according to geographic location is readily accesible. Can't see why we can't compare public knowledege....

I agree Brian. We are being read by alot more people then we thought. I'm not paranoid, I am being monitored

Bryan it's COOL,.. that's why I started with the question so you'd be sure and notice the content, knowing as I do that all posts are seen by you first, not that much gets by you anyway LOL. For everyone else don't blame Bryan, he removed one of my posts before you guys could see it, and I expected it, just testing the boundaries. He probably did me a favor, as well as his job. But I think I can still tell Sglass how unfair it is that his market is less, when his overhead and labor are more due to region, and that's what makes the whole pricing issue so confusing, and again unfair!

That is very interesting news, 20 to 1 read only versus read and post, yep we are being watched . Good in some ways, bad in others I suppose. It should be encouragement for us to present a united front. By us I mean Independents.

I'm just guess-timating that. Don't take that as hard fact.

But you can take this as hard fact - Rumsfeld resigned a little while ago.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
I am one happy democrat today! OK no more politics.

We are watching!!

Until we, as quality glass companys start charging the NAGS list, plus labor, plus urethane, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

One more time. I am not the one who makes the rules. I'm just the one with the administrator password. The publisher requests that you please not compare pricing in the forum. I don't why and honestly it doesn't matter. I don't think its an unreasonable request. Thanks.

I think the censorship is Brian the Tyrant.
I say we lure him to a secluded spot
Pelt him with marshmallows
Say things that aren’t nice about him out loud so he can hear us
Make him listen to loud elevator music
Until he is reduced to a quivering mass and removes our chains of operession

Not sure the elevator music thing will work. One of my guilty pleasures in life is listening to ABBA. My cd collection is arranged alphabetically with my ABBAs Greatist Hits first, then my AC/DC cds.

BRYAN, All ABBA fans should remain in the closet.

Yeah, you have to admit it was pretty gutsy of me to publicly admit I like ABBA.

I know I will not forget, and reserve the right to use it against you in the future.

Had to come outta the closet at some point I guess.....

Just so there is no confusion, we are talking about the ABBA listeners closet - not the other closet. Not that theres anything wrong with that but I am quite fond of women.

Definetly nothing wrong with the OTHER closet. We are not confused about where you belong
You ABBA freak

I sure hope the beegee's are NOT next in line

Old BeeGees stuff from the 60s isn't bad but, no, I don't own any BeeGees cds.

BRYAN, after I called you a freak I have alot of nerve asking for a favor, but could you remove the first of my duplicate post's. Leave the one with the most smilies, then delete this request. I thought you weren't allowing it to post because I called you a freak, duh didn't occur to me it had flipped to a second page. Thanks

Then "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?"

Ditto glass GOD HUH????????????????

I agree brian is a tyrant :) Nazi no tryant yes :)

HUH?

Hey Vt. You can't tell me that Jive Talkin' isn't one of the first bass lines you learned to play!

Webmaster. I can honestly say"NO".It was rare earths,Get ready.I don't play much bass,i'm a rhythm guitarist.Never got the hang of the circle of chords for lead playing.

We best be carfull.nuttyglassguy might get made for getting off topic.

My bad Vt. Now that I think about it, I think it was Sglass who said he played bass. See kids! Listening to ABBA will rot your brain!

Very disturbing Webmaster. But ya know after a few beers there's alot of music that sounds good.

Thanks for cleaning up after me Webmaster. I was cornfused.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com