AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Windshields without logos?

Has anyone else run into any windshields without logos on them?

We have had several windshields on vehicles (most for chip repairs) that had DOT# but no logo on the glass. One was a motorhome with DOT#129 (both plates) and another was a DOT#22 on 2005 durango (looked like OE set windshield as there was no body primer present).

Just haven't seen this until the last month or so. Ideas?

Re: Windshields without logos?

I am guessing I am just lucky to have only run into these recently?

Just thought it was strange to not have a PPG, or Safeguard/Guardian logo on the glass. I have been around auto glass for 15 years and do not recall seeing this before.

That is weird. Never heard of that b4

Do you all replace alot of motor home windshields? I personally am not man enuff to handle them big things by myself.

Nutty - We generally use 2 man sets for ALL replacements. Since we switched to two-man sets in 1999, our warranty work is down 82%. So installing a motorhome glass is not unlike other replacements we perform.

What we have seen here in missouri is alot of gasket set windshields that start to have roof sag. Nothing worse than pulling it out and not being able to get it back in without a roof jack. The only way i will touch these is at the RV Dealer. plus thats some big expensive glass and wont fit in my van, especially in that insaine big box it comes in.

I was just wondering if perhaps we are seeing some counterfeit glass in this area? Just seems unusual they would have Guardian and PPG DOT# and yet no PPG or Guardian logo on the bug.

Or maybe I just noticed this because I have to much time on my hands? I wish!

Re: Re: Windshields without logos?

Now you have figured out what they do with their OE rejects.

LOL cleo :)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com