AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
now what do you think?????

PPG AUTO CARE

http://www.ppgautocare.com

h

Re: now what do you think?????

https://www.ppgautocare.com/#credentials

Now PPG is also gonna steer work from their own customer base. That's fantastic. Of course they already have a base model to use to steer called LYNX.

Wow , its always something. Autoglass quoting coming soon well at least we can price check now. I guess this will be strictly for Prostar shops or is it going to work like 89 glass and glass net?

It's gonna be interesting to see how they quote expensive dealer parts like the one Sglass posted: DQ9406 YP. I would think the next step is gonna be hooking up all their Prostar shops to the quoting system and screwing the rest of us.

Like I said atleast we can see what kind of pricing we are up against.

I think this is a way for PPG & LYNX to have us bend our knees & touch our toes so they can show us where the wild goose goes. Just my opinion though.

How can PPG make this statement "While the time it takes to do an auto glass replacement will vary depending on the windshield, it usually takes around two hours to actually replace the windshield. One hour is spent doing the actual replacement," about our replaceing a windshield?
Does this mean LYNX sanctions 1 hour labor payments on most windshields?

Ya know, I must of missed the part where LYNX was mentioned in this article. Actually what was described is probably the correct things that should be listed, as well as the installer would be able to answer the questions.
Doesn't seem like PPG can do anything right to satisfy some people.

Do you not know LYNX & PPG are connected?

TGIF do you work for PPG?

If you listened closely when METRYX was launched you would have known this was coming. METRYX had several phases some announced and some only hinted at. Marketing METRYX directly to the consumer was part of the plan. I believe that the State Farm decision to stop waiving deductibles for chip repair hastened this "consumer" phase of METRYX.

Now the question is, will having your credentials (which will hopefully be verified) available to the public be good for all, or will PPG use this to simply promote those glass companies that are "partners" or LYNX "participants"? I guess time will indeed tell.

eyes: I think TGIF does work for PPG...look at his other posts under the PPG selling to GM article here.

Yes Glassgod I know. He also just cannot seem to understand why an independent glass shop would be effected by this program. HHMMMM...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com