AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How Does This Make Sense?

I need a Dq9406 Ypy. Nags List is $366.60.
PPG wants $357.00 (best they can do.)
Pilkington wants $237.20.
Insurance Co. wants to pay $256.00 for glass.
Why are prices so all over the place?
The job is a LYNX job and PPG wants more for the glass then LYNX wants to pay.
If I buy it from Pilkington,NAGS list only allows $19.00 more then the glass cost + labor.
How are these numbers justified? Who can we go to that is interested in our plight?

Re: How Does This Make Sense?

get it approved on LYNX website for dealer part, then buy it cheapest you can anywhere.

How much does the dealer want for it?

Re: Re: How Does This Make Sense?

Also, call NAGS 800-551-4012 (we all should on this one!) and tell them that they have this part totally screwed up so that they can adjust it next time. Not sure if it really does any good, but maybe if enough of us call them and gripe about where they get the pricing..which they will tell you is from Mitchell's data base, maybe they will question Mitchell's Godlike pricing structure. Same bs I encountered when they told me Mitchell said .8 hour to put in a sunroof! By the way... after to going to Allstate direct for that sunroof... I did get it all approved and the check in about 4 days after faxing Allstate the bill. Try to find a way to bill direct.. most agents don't have a clue to what is going on in this industry. What Ins. co is it?

It was a LYNX, I believe a Metlife

Anyone have a direct link to Metlife out there? If not Sglass, ask Lynx for a direct # to the Ins. Co. and gripe. Lynx gave me the # for Allstate and I went on from there. (Took awhile...but I finally got the claims dept.) Also.. find out if you can get a Ford dealer to fax you a quote on this part so you know what they would have charged you. (Also ask the dealer what they would have been able to get away with charging ins. if the customer brought the car to them for glass replacement) You may be able to use that price for the negotiation with Metlife.

Just so you know.. here's the break down I got on this part. (Remember All.. Nags list is $366.60)

Safelite cost to me would have been $502.00
PPG cost to me would have been $415.00

Safelite Quote on line (as if I were price shopping as a customer) $606.97 !!!!!!

This is so screwy. Keep fighting.

Metlife has done this to us on several parts as well. Direct bill them or call them direct if you can get the number from LYNX.

Always funny when LYNX wants it cheaper than PPG will sell it to you. And then they might tell you like they did us "your supplier is charging to much, ask them for a better discount." Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

As if asking for a better discount is the answer! That is what got the industry here in the first place.

The point is that one division of PPG (LYNX) is telling us that the other division (PPG ARG) is over charging us. Now if they know they are overcharging us perhaps I will ask them who can sell it to me for less??

You are correct. Buying cheaper is always a nice goal, but it does not solve much because most glass companies simply pass on any part savings they acquire to the customer by lowering the product prices. And so the downward spiral continues on and on...

So PPG wants to sell a "better" product to us for more than SGC parts cost, then LYNX tells us we are paying to much for the PPG parts and won't pay a "fair" price for them, all the while SGC goes around saying their parts are "OE equivalent" (talk about a made-up term) to all the insurance industry, fleet companies, etc. who's ONLY concern is their average cost per claim, with little to no interest in safety, level of service, or the quality products their insured's have a right to under their policies (for those that still have that right).

I wonder how many fleet managers have properly checked into the liability they bear when employees are injured in accidents, and when non-OE parts were used to service those vehicles. Might as well ask the same of Car dealers, many of whom think selling a car "as-is" relieves them of any liability when choosing the cheapest repairs in the area.

This is what I have in my file for Metlife. It may depend on what state you are in, not sure!

Metlife 3009 112th Ave NE #100 Bellevue, WA 98004 800-854-6011x7400
Or try this. I got this from their website:

metautoinfo@metlifeservice.com

PHONE NUMBERS:
Policy Changes or Inquiries:

1-800-422-4272
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (your time zone) Monday through Friday or 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (ET) Saturday
24 Hour Claim Service:
Call Toll-Free
1-800-854-6011

Sheesh feel great man they want $549 for me on this part...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com