AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
audi TT coupe

I am going to do a windshield replacement on a 04 audi TT. Is there any thing to look out for?

Re: audi TT coupe

Not hard at all Mark! The cowl attaches to the w/shield with a retainer that is on the glass make sure that is attached properly. One thing to be carefull of is the wiper arms tend to freeze onto the stud as the arms are alum. and posts are steel. These cut out on the top and two sides nice with a thin coldknife blade the bottom we use the e q express the underside molding is attached to the glass! Use care not to set the glass to high or the mirror will not go on! There are two w/shields one for the convertable and one for the coupe check how far down the mirror button is for the proper w/shield it makes a difference and this is the easist way to make
sure of the right glass! Other than that they are gravy!

Its gravy baby!! now the new jetta and its audi conterpart SUCKS!

I RECALL THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT NON-CONDUCTIVE ADHESIVE NEEDS TO BE USED ON THIS ???? AM I WRONG ????

i believe most of the urethanes worth using are non-conductive, it also needs to be high-modulus, no big deal.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com